The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dazed & confused
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so it's a month away LOL. . but i'm making plans to go up to that fish place next month, and am tyring to figure out what shall be my next fishie

I have two percula clown fish and four green chromis, that be it.

Thoughts opinions on these?
Royal Gamma Basslet
Strawberry Pseudochromis
Dwarf Hawkfish
Black cap basslet
Yellow tang
Carpenter's Fairy Wrasse
I want a blenny, but not sure which one
Banggaii Cardinal
I also want a goby, but haven't decided which
Cherub Pygmy Angel

Can't find my list of fish I like LOL

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
I just picked up two of the bangai cardinals yesterday. Great fish!

Circus Goby is a good choice too!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
What size tank?

I vote for a Yellow Watchman Goby & a Tiger Pistol Shrimp! :)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
No Tangs then. Tangs need at least a 6 foot tank to be happy. They are crazy swimmers.

If you MUST have a tang, The only one recommended for your size tank is a "Kole" tang. But if you ever saw the watchman goby/pistol shrimp combo together you would be all over them. :)

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
yea no tang, i made that mistake on my first salt tank. I had a sailfin tang and a yellow tang in a 55 FO. It was ok for awhile then they got bigger. I ended up giving them to a friend with a 90 and they are actually still alive today. That was 6 years ago. I work at that fish place so if you want some inside info let me know. You can not get a circus goby there. Well you can but I just had them order me one and when it comes in it is mine :)......They never have them its something you have to ask them to order. Everything on that list we have in bulk.

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Royal Grammas are a good-all around community fish. Tough enough to stand up to whatever gets dished out but not aggressive unless pushed.

If you're looking at the bright colors of the supermale fairy wrasse, they are stunning, but the color will fade if he doesn't have a harem of females for which to display.

Stay away from the pseudochromis; ounce for ounce it might end up being the nastiest fish in your tank.

Love hawkfish! but they love shrimp, so if you have any or want any, steer clear of these guys.

Pygmy angels are awesome fish, but they can pick at some soft corals.

·
Dazed & confused
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Ion, going to try and make it up there next month . .need to get some more live rock, but everywhere I see has it by huge amts, and just need a few more. . think i'm going ot get a hawk fish or royal gamma next. . making plans with my friend to visit a different store I've not been to yet in Glen Burnie MD :)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
get the wrasse, they are awesome. get the gramma last, my gramma is nasty to new fish when introduced (apparently this isnt universal, but something to be aware of...he almost killed my flasher wrasse, ripped his fin off).

·
Drain Bamaged
729 Posts
No Tangs then. Tangs need at least a 6 foot tank to be happy. They are crazy swimmers.

If you MUST have a tang, The only one recommended for your size tank is a "Kole" tang. But if you ever saw the watchman goby/pistol shrimp combo together you would be all over them. :)
Actually the Tomini Tang is smaller than a Kole and a Chevron is about the same size as a Kole, but I agree with not putting Tangs in a 55g

1 - 13 of 13 Posts