The Reef Tank banner

News / Humor - Fish thief sentenced

Tags
humor news
1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  studda 
#1 ·
From my hometown news.

The truly funny part is that he did it to impress a girl as a Christmas present :)

#3 ·
Well wait a minute, let's not pass judgement. I mean all the clip said was "rare fish" and "high-end aquarium equipment". Let him who hath not himself covetted a really nice lighting or filtration system cast the first piece of live rock!

#5 ·
Never argue with a guy that *just* stole your sledge hammer... I mean, he's got a sledge hammer after all... *shesh!*

TOTS - I know - 6 YEARS... ouch. Obviously the judge wasn't a reef tank owner... he might have been more lenient, but besides the fish - the dude did a ton of store damage each time as well - which probably factored into it.

#6 ·
Well, the fact that it was fish and aquarium equipment is irrelevant. The fact that he broke in and stole things is the important factor. It's more of a wake up to him than a slap on the wrist. There is somebody somewhere that had to pay for those fish and equipment. Yes, I have wanted things before but I worked for them. Basically, we can't let one person get away with stealing while punishing the rest. And if he is so quick to break in and steal such foolish things, no telling what he would do if it were actually something he needed.

#7 ·
whoa studda - my statements were largely tongue in cheek. I've worked in/around the correctional system. My reference to the store damage was to point out that there was additional damages beyond the theft of property.

I just imagine the convo:

"how long u in for?"
---"6 years if I jam my time"
"what u doing time for?"
---"Stealing Fish."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.