The Reef Tank banner

How to help?

• No, we need to use ARC funds for ourselves.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, here is $100.00 from the club treasury

• We pass the hat at the next meeting to raise $$

• Yes, here is equipment, pump, salt you will need

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I would rather go to the school and volunteer my time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Initially posted this e-mail about Arnall Middle School in Newnan, GA in the ARC forum. We were asked for the club to contribute money. The club's past president has checked it out and found it legit. The website is:
http://www.coweta.k12.ga.us/ams/lorraine/aquarium/index.html

The club officers would like to know the club's opinion before reaching a decision. We are a non-profit volunteer group and would be using the membership dues. Most of the officers would rather contribute goods we might buy for a discount than cash dollars. Thanks for your survey input. William Fisher, club secretary.

"I teach science at Ellis Arnall Middle School located in Newnan, Georgia (just south of Atlanta). Several years ago I received a grant from the Georgia Middle School Association for the development of a beautiful 75-gallon tank with a variety of coral and other sea life. I have assembled a core of students who are responsible for feeding and maintaining the aquarium and plan on eventually turning over all responsibilities to the students so that it can be truly student owned.
I am planning to upgrade our reef to a 120-gallon tank. I am currently seeking out grants and donations to fund the effort. The cost for the project will be about $1000. So far, I have received donations from our The Atlanta Area Aquarium Association, the school student council and our school PTA. I feel that education is one of life's most important tasks, and our reef is an extension to that education that will go on for a long time.
Thank you for your consideration. I will be happy to forward pictures or any other information that you may need to help make your decision." [edited by wildemon]

Sincerely,

[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

No, we need to use ARC funds for ourselves.

Yes, here is $100.00 from the club treasury

We pass the hat at the next meeting to raise $$

Yes, here is equipment, pump, salt you will need

I would rather go to the school and volunteer my time.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
wildemon said:
The club officers would like to know the club's opinion before reaching a decision.
I think it's premature to post this in the club forum. We have not reached a concensus on polling the membership on this subject. I think the thread should be pulled until we can discuss it further.

Agree?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Yes I agree.

1/2 the debate was wether to poll the members or not. We should come to some consensus on that issue before we actually poll the members.

·
http://atlanta-smas.org/
1,688 Posts
poll em get an answer once and for all. why have we delayed it this long? we all (BOD)have a differing opinion on this subject. Put it beffore the entire club for a true consensus. we can all vote and offer our opinions there i think we've been dragging our feet on this long enough. either take a bod vote or put it before the club. so which way are we going? bod vote, or general membership vote?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Newnan poll

Curtis, the poll is here but I cannot touch this again. If you can interest Andy, please feel free to edit or repost. Rick is not responding to this site since he took this poll offline. My obvious opinion was to find out from the members the course to take. At the June meeting Charles implied that the club would donate something at some time. Sorry.
:fish:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts