The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
REEFer In Progress
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just figured I would introduce our newest member, Lola. Im not quite sure on her scientific name, but I think we can all agree on the fact that shes a "dogfish!"

View attachment 68641

OK, on a real note, this is Eleen (my girlfriend) and I's new puppy! Shes 11 weeks old and cute as can be!

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
thats got to be the UGLIEST FISH i have seen....id take it back!!!! LOL nice pup...what line of rot is it?

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Definately a cute pup... I've always liked Rot's just never got one because never wanted to pay the price for one also never wanted a mixed breed one. You got it at a good time to be able to do the "kid in the tank" picture lol.

·
Bears Fan
648 Posts
Great pup. I have a male Rott and he is my second since 1997. Great dogs, lots of fun and love to pick things up and hold them in their mouth and smile at you. :)

When I first read "her name is Lola", I started singing... "she was a show girl...." :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
we just did the kids in the tank pix with the girls-in our 120 that we got..and it is cute..never would have thought of putting a puppy in there lol. She is a cutie- should have a puppy play date lol..but she looks a little smaller than Bear. Nathan said she was cute--but I have never seen a Rot as a puppy before..she is ADORABLE!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I just figured I would introduce our newest member, Lola. Im not quite sure on her scientific name, but I think we can all agree on the fact that shes a "dogfish!"

View attachment 68641

OK, on a real note, this is Eleen (my girlfriend) and I's new puppy! Shes 11 weeks old and cute as can be!
Zach I told you to go with the Mermaid picture, couldnt talk Eleen into it??

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Obviously shows how dedicated she is to your hobby. :p

·
Registered
155 Posts
Be careful through her first year or so when feeding. From over breeding and almost ritualistic over feeding Rots have developed a genetic trait that gives them bad hips. Especially through there growth spurts as pups, their bones develope poorly from growing big to fast.

·
REEFer In Progress
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup, weve already got that planned out. She gets her first Xray at 1 year, then another one a year after that (2 years old). The results will determine if we breed her or not. Although were hoping shell be okay, we did pay the extra money ($500 locally w/ no hip guarentee, $750 up north w/ a hip guarentee) to get her from a "prestine breeder" up north.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts