The Reef Tank banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
given the info so far, yes...I would agree with that assessment.

Other possibilities include: Fish in the tank that likes to nip that them?

parasite? (some specific nudibranch's like to eat softies like GSP's).

Nutrient stockpile. Somewhere near/under/on the GSP, there's a rather large pile of poop/wastes/etc.

But I would focus on the pH possibility first!

Discussion starter · #25 ·
well my situation is kinda screwy now, i have two different GSP's, one is all happy and opening up, while the other might have 2 or 3 buds open and the other 200 or so closed. this has been the case now for 3 days.

since some of them are opening, i would think the rest arent too far behind, when i got my colony, they all stayed shut for a while, then here and there one or two would open, now they all open and extend very thick. just give it time and keep them happy.

blacksunshine said:
so, you all are convinced that once my PH is back to normal and stable that my gsp will open again?
Have we established yet that the pH is out of whack?

A variation from 7.8 in the morning to 8.2 at the end of the photoperiod is within normal diurnal variation.

Please provide pH readings at various times of day, and tell us the relation to the photoperiod, the method of measurement, the SG, alk, calcium, etc.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.