The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have been watching this forum for a while and now have an emergency to post!

I had a little cyano problem, so I bought some Chemiclean Red Slime Remover and put it in Friday night around 8PM.

It says to change out the water (20%) in 48 hours. My 48 hours are up and I totally screwed myself (and probably my fish!) and hit the LFS 20 min after they closed. :( So, I'm without water to change. I did wind up putting the carbon filter back in tonight, but that needs to be changed out too and was on my list to purchase tonight!

Will my fish be okay until tomorrow? I have one Leather Toad in there as well that seems to be pretty closed up right now and not sure if that will be affected as well.

I'm not sure what to do. I have an Oceanic Biocube (14 gal) if that helps at all. Everything has been running great and water levels have been dead on. I just had some red slime activity as of late that I wanted to clean up. And now I do this. ARGH!

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
HI Chris,
glad you found us and have a post now. sorry it had to be like this..
if you have an air stone to add extra O2 to the tank that should be done now...
you should be okay until tomorrow morning when you can change out the water. pick up a few extra carbon bags too.

·
Registered
325 Posts
you could always go buy water at the grocery store if youve got salt around. ive been doing it for months

·
Registered
834 Posts
thats what i would recomend i still use distillled water and the 20 bucks you can spend on a bag of salt to use in emergancy only!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts