The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I need some help. I bought a used reef tank for my kids and it has been 15 years since my last saltwater tank. The tank I bought has been up and running for 6 years and has some hair algae in it. I had to remove all the corals and rock out of the tank to move it but do not want to put it all back in. I also have NO idea how to tell the best creatures to keep in the tank for my kids to enjoy. Right now i have the tank only set back up half way and the rest of the rocks in a big bucket with a power head on it. Is there anyone who would be maybe willing to come out to the Lake Asbury area to help me get this going so my kids stop saying how ugly it is and when is it going to be pretty?:bawling:

· Registered
37 Posts
cjhaack, well first off welcome to the site, next you need to put a little more info in your post, location,size of tank, when you are available to work on your system, etc, etc, etc. I'm in the great state of Pennsylvania near Gettysburg, Pa., retired and plenty of time. Let me know if we can assist.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
help for newbie

Sorry. I am in the Jacksonville Florida area. The tank is a 55 gallon with a protein skimmer, metal halides, it has coral and lots of live rock in it. There was probably more than 100lbs total. I dont even have enough water in it yet to run the pump yet. I was trying to clean it up a little and put less of the rock in it. As I said I am new to this and I do not even know everything there is for this tank. I now I should have done more research first but it seemed to be a good deal. I only paid $250 for everything. He said that he never used any medications in the tank. It has a flower anenome, some mushrooms, a shrimp, a purple coral, and some other creatures I don't know the name for in it. I would like to add some clowns and another anenome. The kids are wanting a NEMO tank. Anyway any help is appreciated. If any one is in the area to come help that would be VERY much appreciated. I am available most anytime as my work schedule is fairly flexible but I would like to get this going soon as not to kill anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.