The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Does anyone have any idea what these are used for traditionally? If we could go strait to the source, we could save 50% or more I would guess. 28C a pop plus shipping is still on the high end imo. I would like to get things down to 10c a frag.
Gooches plugs are nice too.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Fritz, with all your newly aquired babysitting skills you should know they are used as end caps on the tubing for strollers.

Just kidding. I have know clue what they are.....

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are made specifically for frags of corals and eggcrate. if ya want to tale a look at them you can swing by any time.

here is a thread about it. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=878324.

however if a few of us really liked them we could have a similar injection mold made .

I'm curious what his quantity discount is. guess i'll ask.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you really want cheap plugs that work try 28 guage shotgun wads. Under $.02 each. One of the pictures above reminds me of them. I used them the same way. One negative was it was a trap for hair algae. Snails were unable to keep it clean. They fit snug into egg crate though so they can be trimmed down.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well this is the response i got for quantity orders.

am in the works of redesigning them to incorporate a way to float them for shipping. Current prices of these original ones are going up according to my current molder.
1000 @.24 ea
5000 @. 22 ea
10,000 @ .20ea

current suggested RETAIL is .34- .38 ea. and I feel its to high I would like to see them at .25ea I think they would get more of a response.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
seem like a good product for a coral farmer - but I can't imagine putting one of these into an aquarium and getting them to sit well or look good??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts