The Reef Tank banner

new toadstool

868 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  helenwheels 
#1 ·
Hi, i bought a 2 toadstools about 4 days ago and the owner of my LFS said it was one that had flower-like polyps. The tank it was in had a powerhead pointed right at it and the owner said that was why they were closed. now its in my tank with lower flow on it and the polyps still havent opened. the polyps are out and it appears to have the flowerlike polyps but they arnt opening. tank params are all good and its under LED lighting that i have put on different levels to try to get them too open. its not shedding or anything, just polyps arnt opening. any advice is welcome!!

#3 ·
It's just getting used to your tank. Leave it where it's at for a couple of days. Each time you move it it just has to figure out where it is again.
As long as it doesn't look like it is sick (floppy or lack of polyp extension doesn't mean sick) he'll perk up and tell you if he wants to move. Trust me, you'll know. Keep him well away from SPS or LPS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.