The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

My name is Zeke (Short for Ezekial). I actually happened to stumble onto this website recently. I'm a state worker that's currently employed by the California Conservation Corps up here in Lake Tahoe!

As a short bio, I attended San Diego Job Corps in Imperial Beach and took carpentry as my trade! It's a vocational school so when I finished, I decided to join the CCC so I can save up money.

Recently, i've been thinking a lot about college and my plans are to attend one when I finish my year term working here. There's different avenues that im interested in and one of them is Marine Biology! I'll probably attend a community college and then transfer to a 4 year institution and might persue that major.

Other than that, I love saltwater aquariums! My first job was forking for my LFS and it was the most enjoyable job i've had. I had a 29 gal freshwater tank at the time but as time went on, I was able to learn more about saltwater and ended up using good chunks of my paycheck to make the switch into salt! I used the RO water that my boss had and bought some live rock/sand as well. With it being my first salt tank, I had a bak pak skimmer and I think a power filter on top of that. I also had 2 powerheads I believe and current USA lighting as well.

At the time, I waited about 3-4 months and added a couple corals which actually did well in my tank! It may have been too early but at the same time I was new and not to say a seasoned aquarist.

Anyways, I want to reignite my dream of being a saltwater/reef aquarist in the future! I may not be in the position of starting one now but I plan to be in the future when I get there.

I know this is a long wall of text but i'd like to say that there is plenty of helpful people on this forum! I browsed on here for the past few days just to look at other people's tank pictures! There's a bunch of genuine tanks posted here! Anyways i'd just like to establish myself here and would love to learn more about the hobby and talk/help others in any way I can.

Thank you for reading this and have a good day!

Sincerely
Zeke

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Creamhorses! And if you mean bug as in the itch to get into the hobby again then I may as well be in a jungle full of bugs, haha.

And I will participate. I figure this website will be a great learning experience for me even if it's going to be a while til I get into the hobby again.

Nice to meet everybody!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome back to the hobby... Remember there is no rule that's says you have to own a tank to participate here so don't be shy

·
Doc Holiday
2,373 Posts
Welcome zeke

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello and welcome to TRT. I am glad to hear that you are coming back to the hobby. Stay focused and you will do well in the hobby and in school.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I hope everybody is having a happy Halloween! Just got back from hanging out at my friends place. Put on a San Diego Chargers Jersey and my friend used makeup to give me a black eye and put blood on my eyes, nose, and neck, haha. Fun stuff!

I'm going to be visiting this forum often so you'll surely see me posting here and there! Happy fish keeping everybody!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Greets Zeke and welcome! Hope you're able to get a tank of your own soon!

Cheers,
Starr

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks guys! I hope everybody is having a happy Halloween! Just got back from hanging out at my friends place. Put on a San Diego Chargers Jersey and my friend used makeup to give me a black eye and put blood on my eyes, nose, and neck, haha. Fun stuff!

I'm going to be visiting this forum often so you'll surely see me posting here and there! Happy fish keeping everybody!
Welcome to TRT !

Hopefully nobody got a pic of you wearing that Sandy eggo Sparklers jersey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts