The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys....I am new to this site. I was referred by a fellow member who is selling me a skimmer/sump. Just wanted to say hi. If anyone is looking for some lights for their aquarium let me know. I am selling a Marineland 48" 54X4 setup with 2 daytime and 2 true actinic. Also, a 30" Coralife power compact 130 watt. Let me know guys!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
how much for the 30" ? and welcome.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Welcome Aquaman... are you Jakes buddy with the Tattoo Shop? If so then you bought my skimmer =). If not then wrong guy lol... Anyhow welcome to the site.

If only someone would be looking to sell off a 36" T-5 setup... Seems everyone only sells 48" setups. I wonder if I could just cut 12" off the bulbs and call it good hehe.

Jason

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since I bought the 30" literally 2 weeks ago from today and I have only run it for about 10hrs I would like around $130 for it. I purchased it for $200 up in Roch at Exotic world of fish. There is nothing wrong with it. Perfect working condition and I still have the box!! Let me know.

Haha, yea idk if sawing it off would work?!? haha....anyway. I am purchasing the skimmer/sump from a guy named Josh who is located in LaCrosse.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Oh you got the skimmer from "Tardfarmer"... I know which skimmer you got then.. You got that 45 gallon box skimmer correct me if I'm wrong?.

Jas

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
did you try to return the light yet? you might be able todo that

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
I'm with you on that one Aaron... If it's that new they might be willing to just take it back. Call them and see if they can work something out with you. Who knows it surely can't hurt to try.

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Heya Matt Welcome aboard glad you found it!! I may have to hold onto that skimmer past Sunday as I need the pump for mixing salt for my tank move on Sunday. After the move I would have a Turboflotor 1000 skimmer Ocean runner 2500, http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4392+8185&pcatid=8185 Eheim 1262 http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4585+4604&pcatid=4604 and a megaflow 2 sump/filter http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3579+13648&pcatid=13648 up for sale so if you would prefer that let me know. The price would be more but it is a better solution.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Timmy said:
Hi how much for the t-5 48 " setup

Tim
I am asking $180 for the T5's. It is an awesome light. I just want to go to metal halides. The light cost me $300 at the store. It's 1.5 months old. So there is still a lot of time left on the bulbs!! Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Matt Golden

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
T5's are great!!!

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
On the T-5 fixture when you say "true actinic" are you talking the actinic 03 420nm or the actinic 03 460nm bulbs? The 460 nm bulbs are way blue'r than that of the 420 nm bulbs but, the 420 bulbs are more of a typical option unless requested. The reason I'm asking is because even though it's too long I might be tempted to put this over my 70 gallon unit as I want to make it into a frag tank and obviously standard pc 2 bulb fixture will not make that happen.

Jason

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't know there was a difference. Sorry. I am bartendin' right now and will have to look at the bulbs when i get back. I'll let you know asap.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Josh, how much do you want for the other setup? When could I come to pick either one of them up?? I will still prolly come to lacrosse tomorrow (saturday). I really need a new skimmer fastttt. My water quality is fine for now....but I'm getting worried about it?!??

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Heya Matt Welcome aboard glad you found it!! I may have to hold onto that skimmer past Sunday as I need the pump for mixing salt for my tank move on Sunday. After the move I would have a Turboflotor 1000 skimmer Ocean runner 2500, http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4392+8185&pcatid=8185 Eheim 1262 http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4585+4604&pcatid=4604 and a megaflow 2 sump/filter http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3579+13648&pcatid=13648 up for sale so if you would prefer that let me know. The price would be more but it is a better solution.

What are you going to use for a sump now that the model 2 will be gone?

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
He has either a 55 gallon or a 75 gallon tank (can't remember which it was) that he already had that Matt and I talked him into using in place of the acrylic thing he was going to use due to the chance of a power outage overflowing the unit.

Speaking of sumps though... Josh did you ever put any baffles into the sump or are you going to try to run it the same way I run mine w/out anything in there. I had baffles origonally but, removed them when I found them to be more of a hastle than a benefit.

Jason

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Yeah 75 gallon tank will be moved downstairs as the sump. No baffles yet Jason, I figured I would try without first to see how it goes.

Matt, I sent ya a PM about the other stuff but I thought $175 for everything?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Josh....so what are you going to have for sale in the next week? I will be in lacrosse picking up my stand next weekend. If I have enough money I will prolly contact you to see what you have on hand and what you are willing to part with. Let me know when it will be available though. $100 for the smaller sump and $175 for the larger setup??

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My tank is cloudy!! I checked my levels and my nitrate was high, so I did a water change. I exchanged 15 gallons and used RO water to do so. I've been reading and came across 'algone'. Should I look into that? Wait it out? What should I do? Tank has been up and running for a few months now.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts