The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am new to reefing but have been doing quite a bit of reading on this forum. You all have a wealth of knowledge that will be very valuable. Below is a list of the equipment I am currently planning to get over the next month or so. I would love to get your input on any suggestions for the build. I would like to mostly stock LPS, but will probably gain some softies and a couple SPS along the way.

-Mr. Aqua 7.5 gallon rimless glass aquarium (18.1" x 9.4" x 10.2")
-Gloss black vinyl sheet on the back of the tank
-AquaClear 70 converted into HOB refugium
-I have AC 20 & 30 impellers to lower the flow rate - wasn't sure which I would need yet so I got both.
-If you have any suggestions for a really small light to use for the refugium that would be very helpful as I haven't found one yet (I'll be putting some Chaeto in it)
-I am also looking for a small heater to put in the refugium so I don't have to use up room inside my tank. Suggestions on this are welcome as well.
-BuildMyLed 20k Reef Spectrum XB Series (black housing)
-BuildMyLed Super Actinic Reef Spectrum XB Series (black housing)
-BuildMyLed SoLunar Cotroller
-Hydor Koralia Nano 240 Powerhead (x2)
-Hydor Koralia Wave Maker
-I'm also looking to create some sort of glass top/canopy for the tank to prevent some evaporation. Since the tank is rimless, it makes it slightly more difficult. I thought about trying to find some type of clear plastic clips or brackets to put on the edges of the tank and cutting a piece of glass to fit. If there is someone who has done this before you're welcome to chime in any time lol.

That's really all I have planned right now as far as equipment goes. I am considering not using any live sand or substrate on the bottom. I thought about maybe putting some star polyps and zoas down there instead. Should I still put something down there for them to sit on or will it matter? I'm planning for about 15 lbs of live rock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up going with the Penn-Plax Radius 10 Gallon Bent Glass Aquarium for a couple more gallons of water. It should be here at the end of the week and I will get pictures of everything as it comes in and all that good stuff :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts