The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
Well, after a little arm twisting:jester:, my wife convinced ME to get another tank so she can have the things she wants in a reef tank (we have different tastes on corals and fish...) so we found a killer deal on a 2 year old BioCube 29g with stand (only $125!!) it need new bulbs, so im gonna take the time to upgrade, probably do the nanotuners.com 3.36 PC setup. I washed all but a hand full of the sand that came with and im starting fresh with brand new rock (live or bse or a mix, havent decided). it came with a skimmer, which takes the place of the filter pad, and it doesnt have the bioballs in it, which is ok, cuz i think im just gonna put LR and Cheato in the refugium area anyways.
My question is what are some other mods I can or should do while the thing is empty and dry?

· Registered
123 Posts
I replaced the return pump with a bigger pump and took out the 90 and replaced with bigger hose much better flow that way. The other thing i did was filled chamber 1 with LR and purchased the CPR SR3 skimmer for the middle chamber fits perfect and lets the lid close and pulls so much junk.

· Registered
123 Posts
The return pump is a Maxi-jet submersible model 1100. I dont use any kind of filter pad for the tank. I just have the LR in chamber 1 and skimmer chamber 2. The only other thing i did was cut the top of the plastic out chamber one for more flow going back to chamber 2. I don't use a heater my tank hits perfect 77.9 with just the lights on.

Here is a link to the skimmer
http://www.marineandreef.com/CPR_Aquatics_SR3_Protein_Skimmer_Aquarium_Sump_p/rcpr07581.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.