The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day Everyone:

I just found this forum yesterday and I like it alot. I just set up a 50 gallon tank last Saturday and today am in the process to set up a wet/dry filter. I have two pumps both max out at 300 gph, nothing too great but something I did not think about when I was purchasing items for the tank.

I bought a bio-tower from Something Fishy w/ a 20 gal tank. The purpose was to put the heater, skimmer, and other filters in the 20 gal. Well, I dont have an overflow and I dont have a good enough pump. I tried using these 300 gph last night and could not push water 3 feet up into the pump. I don't really want to go back to the store to buy an additional pump I need, so is there anyone whom can give me advice as to what would be the best inexpensive pump or method for this? Or does anyone have a good cheap pump/overflow for sale?

David

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alero said:
Welcome to TCMAS!!

I would agree to try to have your tank drilled if you can. There are some members on here that can do it at a reasonable cost.
I probably be willing to get this drilled. Would this be alot of stress to the fish, I guess it does'nt matter. I still need some help on the pump getting the water back up to the tank. If someone can PM me that would be able to drill the tank, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Soltaker said:
Welcome dude :dance:

Is the tank already stocked? :confused: The tank needs to be emptied in most cases to drill out a tank.
Although its only been a week I have two blue yellow tail damsels. As far as testing, I have a Ph at 8.2 not any significant amount of ammonia at all. Is it shocking for me to have added fish so soon?

I guess I can say am a noobie. My first job at 15 was working at a salt water fish distributor in the South Coast. However, my memory is slowly recalling everything I learned but I still have alot of questions!

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What are good floor dwellers that eat left over food and is it too soon to add anything else?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts