The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
Just moved to Atlanta at the begining of the month and have reset up my 125. Just wondering if anyone in the Metro area was willing to sell some established live rock or anything else to help a fellow reefer out. I am sure this is a popular topic and I am willing to help them out in any way I can. Please let me know and we can make some arragements/deals. Thanks so much, Josh

·
Registered
921 Posts
I hope you have visited our sponsor store in Newnan. Become a member of Atlanta Reef Club and save 10% with Eric, Stan, & Ross. If you watch the posts here you will discover something of a feeding frenzy when a member breaks down a tank and offers live rock for sale. It usually goes first. Welcome to Atlanta.

The Fish Garden
2236 Highway 34 E
Newnan, GA
770-252-4022

·
Registered
807 Posts
Welcome to the ARC, TRT, and Atlanta GA.

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Welcome to Atlanta Joe! I am about to join the Reef Club guys. I just started getting into reefing but I won't be able to make the Kennesaw meeting.

Are there any good Saltwater stores North of 285? I am by the mall of Georgia and all I have is PETCO (don't even ask me to describe the disgusting dying fish spectacle I saw there today)

And Under the Wave which is like a 25 to 30 minute drive.

Thanks!

Bill

·
Registered
822 Posts
There are several good stores north of 285, although I'm more familiar with ones that are further west than you are. Aquarium Showcase in Alpharetta is nice. In Roswell/Marietta area there's Capuccino Bay and Marine Fish (very nice livestock). And there's Jenns store, Imagine Ocean in Canton. All of these stores are (or soon will be) sponsors of the reef club. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Aquarium Showcase in on Highway 9....might be easy for you to get to. That is a very nice store. I want to go to Jenn's store sometime, but I dont want to make the trip from Norcross....

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Thanks a ton guys.

It sounds like Showcase is the only one remotely close to me. Hmmm maybe I should open my own store up here by the mall....

:)

Bill

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
bamann345 said:
Aquarium Showcase in on Highway 9....might be easy for you to get to. That is a very nice store. I want to go to Jenn's store sometime, but I dont want to make the trip from Norcross....
I have a dry goods supplier in Norcross and I can get there in 45 minutes. It's really not that far - straight shot across Jimmy Carter/Holcomb Bridge to Mansell, to SR 140. It's a pretty drive :D

If you're already at Jorge's (Aquarium Showcase) you're halfway here!

Many people, once they get here, say, "Gee, it's really not that far after all!" :D

Jenn

·
Registered
637 Posts
:) I might just have to visit you sometime!! I am doing summer school from 8-12 (to get ahead) at Permittier:confused: So, I can just drive on over there

William

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Jenn, I will eventually come to your store as well. I will hopefully see you guys at the July reef meeting!

William perhaps we can carpool, WAY out there to Canton, lol.

:)

Bill

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Will, just call and hop in the car with me and Lisa. We try to make every one of our sponser stores at least once a month.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Bill, I am not going to be able to make it to July meeting, I will be in Nova Scotia...but I will sure car pool over to Jenn's place with you some time!

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Hey all,

I just got back from Aquarium Showcase and WOW, it's very nice. Beautiful tanks and tons of gorgeous fish. They must have had 50 lion fish of every different size.

Unfortunately its a good 40 minute drive.

Bill

·
Registered
822 Posts
Billdemart said:

I just got back from Aquarium Showcase and WOW, it's very nice.

Unfortunately its a good 40 minute drive.

Bill
Yes, but you must suffer for your art!:D

Actually, I often drive a good hour or more to make the rounds of the different LFSs.

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Cool, lets do it. Probably in a few months when I need start buying some corals.

Say how do you start adding corals to a new nano? All the corals I have seen in the stores are way too big.

Bill

·
Registered
637 Posts
Get frags! Many members will sell you some frags for cheap....zoos, shroms, xenia, leathers....

I might have some at the end of the summer....

·
Registered
637 Posts
Usually you arent ordering enough coral for a nano to order from a mail order place, shipping kills... Yeah, locally. I am getting all my frags for my nano from members....Some stores have some frags from around $15-$25 for different corals. Cappuccino Bay has some nice frags right now, and I am sure others do. You dont need to get the big $40-70 corals for a nano...they will be much to large for a little nano!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts