The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow , was yesterday great, my 25th B-day is this sat Aug 16..just incase anyone was wondering, I got some B-day money yesterday and went lookin......

I got a spotted puffer for $17
I got a carpet anenome for $29.99
I got some Xenia, which I'm sure I'll regret, it'll probably grow out of control.
I also got a new greenish mushroom rock with about 10 to 12
mushrooms on it.....for $19.99

Wow what a great day......:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Can't wait until saturday, I'm going white water rafting....
then taking the boat out on the water that evening......
Hope everyone has a great day...

·
Administrator
47,636 Posts
Happy early Birthday Roger :)
Reef goodies and going rafting, man it don't get no better than that :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You, quick question, do you know what the tendencies are for carpet anenomes, as far as what part of the tank they like?

·
Administrator
47,636 Posts
LOTS of light and I believe they like their foot in sand/silty bottom, if I recall correctly after archiving a zillion threads.
They love sashimi tho, keep that in mind ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah your right, they take their foot a burrough down to the very bottom of the sand, what is sashimi?

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Ate my tang about a week ago, my carpet is pretty big though. About 1 1/2 feet long and is it ever big. Its oracal I think thats how its spelled is like a 2 liter bottle of coke!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
rogerthmyers said:
Yeah your right, they take their foot a burrough down to the very bottom of the sand, what is sashimi?
Sashimi is raw fish. Very good eating.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a type you can get at the grocery?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sashimi is usually fresh ahi tuna, so you can get it at any grocery store with a decent fish department.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I feed sashimi to my LTA. It loves it.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
If you have any powerheads or water intakes that use any sort of suction, cover them with foam prefilters. If anemone goes walkabout, you won't want it getting caught in an intake. It's not a pretty sight :(

Jenn

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do you just crumble it up and drop it in

·
Registered
206 Posts
My neighbor goes fishing on a boat down to Mexico quite often and he brings back huge 50lb albacore. Whatever he gives me, I break off a chunk and freeze it. Then every other day I cut off a piece about the size of a finger nail and defrost it in a little tank water. If I just dropped it in the tank, the perc would gobble it up before it even got close to the anenome. My perc is greedy. I use long stainless steel tweezers to feed my LTA directly. I found that if I feed it often, it will stay in one place for a while. When I forget to feed it for a few days, that's when it goes wandering around.

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
Doug1 said:

They love sashimi tho, keep that in mind ;)
Doug is being funny here.:D he is trying to say that they like their food fresh, real fresh, as in still swimming. carpets are fish eaters. they will capture and eat any fish that gets to close. sashimi is a good substitute if you are not interested in feeding the anemone your tankmates. but any raw SW fish will work.

G~

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
But I was serious about feeding the fresh tuna to my anenome. I think it really likes it and it eats faster than anything else. Give it a try.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts