The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there just purchased an aqua one 180 liter tank with an 1000liters per hour pressurised external bio filter, 2x 25 watt flourescent tubes and an extra powerhead i also purchased a really good uv steriliser incorperated into the setup.

the dimensions of the tank are as follows with in centimeters,

80x40x70 cm

its been setup for 2 weeks now and ive been using a bacteria additive to speed up the cycle its currently stocked with

1 pair of iranian percula
6 red legged hermits
10 k ocean rock
5 k of fiji live rock

all ph and other tests are spot on so far,just wondering what other fish you would suggest which are compatable for this tanks was thinking of a yellowwatchman goby and a mandarin fish (would that work?) also what else would u recommend for the tank?
protein skimmer maybe?

any replys will be taken aboard

thanks stu

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Your tank is basically 47 US gallons and a mandarin would not be recommended for that size of a tank. They require a very heavy, constant supply of copepods to graze on in order to survive. If you are lucky you may be able to find one that will readily accept frozen foods, but unfortunately that is pretty rare.

The yellow watchman goby would be a nice addition and should be very happy in your tank.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info.any other ides for stocking up. like to see what other people consider good options

·
Registered
476 Posts
I enjoy my royal gramma basslet. Brightly colored, small, lots of personality and actually prefers lower light levels. They're from the deeper waters of the caribbean. He will choose a small cave for his own and vigorously defend it. The other fish quickly learn to respect this little guys three inches of turf!

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
1 pair of iranian percula

Got a pic of these? I'm really interested in clowns lately.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,930 Posts
I love chalk bass! And I think a scooter blenny will do well when your tank is a little older - I had one in a mature 50G tank and he was fat and happy for some time. They are also pod eaters, but they have cool personality and are less picky then mandorans.

I'm assuming from the lighting that your planning for this to be a Fish Only with Live Rock tank? If that's so then some of the dwarf angles would add great movement and color as well :)

Whiskey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts