The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally!! Can't wait for it to cycle so I can fill it up!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Very nice :D Pretty dedicated to block off a window for you tank ;)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
came out great. i love it. i cant rememebr your builders name off hand, but he did a fantastic job!!!

how do you like the wood corners on the edges of the tank? i had considered doing that on the one visible corner i have, simply to hide the silicone seal, but i wasnt sure how much it would bother me, or obstruct vision while looking in the tank.

my other concern, was having it get in the way while using the mag float to clean the glass.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the wood trim on the corners to hide the seals. On this tank the seals were black and really stood out against the wood. They just pop on and off, if I wanted too I could pop them off to clean with a magnet and pop them right back on. It doesn't block the view of anything since the seals themselves are black.

The pic doesn't show it, but there is still about 3 feet of window on each side of the tank.

·
Registered
133 Posts
newreefers said:
The pic doesn't show it, but there is still about 3 feet of window on each side of the tank.
Are you worried at all about the tank overheating in the window? Or does the sun not hit that window straight on? Just wondering.

The stand and canopy are incredible and I really like your rock work. :beer:

K.M.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is an overhang on the outside of the house and the sun never comes in through that window. No worries of overheating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.