The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just ordered some new filters from Jim and it looks like they are suppliers now for a couple new products;) Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper 2 controllers and Gooch's reef plugs. Gooch's plugs come in twenty and fifty packs for anyone who didn't get in on the group buy or just needs more.

Those ceramic fired plugs from Gooch look very nice and I'm interested in a controller soon. I'll have to check out what the ones the reefguys are going to carry look like and do...

These guys carry some nice stuff check 'em out!!!

Troy

·
Reef Society Duluth/Mpls
1,033 Posts
Thanks Troy I know a few members have the orginial ReefKeeper. JP had one which may be still floating around the club somewhere. And I know David Grigor has one and was taliking about upgrading. I would be interested in hearing some feedback from anyone who is using one now, ReefKeeper or ReefKeeper 2.

Jim

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
I have an original ReefKeeper and a AC Jr. Personally, I think Jr. has a slight edge on the RK2. Not as user friendly but I like the extra freedom of combining commands where it is more canned on the RK2 but more user friendly.

I am very dissapointed in the original RK where it has the potential for being able to turn off lights at a max temp but they pretty much abandoned it with no firmware upgrades available to get that feature. If it had it then I would have never had a need for something more as I don't really need PH on a controller.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Edit: (Short and sweet version).

I have a couple of RK2. They do a great job. I too think the Jr, though ugly, is deffinatly worth a look though.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Thats Fahz for ya, looking out for everyones best interests.:thumbup:

·
Reef Society Duluth/Mpls
1,033 Posts
HFG said:
I e-mailed Nick at DA today with my oppologies. The RK2 return is right here.

:doh:

-Fritz
Hey Fritz:

Nick got back to me right away and explained that he had not received the return from you. Glad I could be of service to you.

Jim

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Tico got my Reefkeeper, not sure where it is now. I need to look into the specs to see if they can the handle 220V here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts