·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
next will be the canopy

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Holy cow that is fancy! I love it, esp the detail on it! Are you gonna do the same to the canopy?

·
Registered
706 Posts
WOW!

That is awesome, how did you get the designs cut for the doors? Beautiful. I am truely jealous, I can only hope mine turns out nearly that nice.

Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The canopy will be along the same lines as the stand, it should be done in a day or two, the fish were cut from wood. I can't wait till June 7, the day the tank arrives and get this put all together.:beer:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is the canopy so far, no decorations on it yet

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I designed it myself, and had it built by a custom cabinet maker.

I like my canopy design, hard to tell from the pic, but the 3 panels in the front pop off for feeding and such, and the top is in 3 sections so you can open any one section after turning off that light and not go blind.

Totally worth the money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
well make sure and give your cabinet maker a good pat on the back looks good and i should know ive been making custom cabs for 11 yrs now

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
looks great NW! i really like the way it came out!

btw: i emailed the folks that make those custom fish, and never got a repsonse from them. was all set to buy some. oh well.

btw: i really love the detail o nteh canopy, specially on the side where the fans are mounted. very slick!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
casey,

they have different fish, and different sizes for different prices. The ones I got just happened to be the really expensive ones. The ones on my canopy are smaller and cheaper.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was going to say, wow you are one hell of a craftsman, but whoever built it is one hell of a craftsman! That is really nice, I love it!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Very beautiful wood making! Congratulations on a very nice set-up!:)

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Again..I say...holy cow! The canopy is beautiful! I love the design on it aswell! You know... if you ever decide that you hate it... you can send it to me, and I will gladly take it off your hands. ;) heh heh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts