The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
xenia reef
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys!!!... i just got a bunch of xenia, zoo and zoanthid fragments, and i was just wondering if any of my livestock would hurt any of them. i have:

2 tangs
10 hermit crabs
1 small purple crab

will it be fine to keep all of them together???

·
Registered
74 Posts
i'm not sure what a purple crab is but you should be ok. xenia is supposed to taste awful to almost anything and zoas are toxic. atlantic angels will eat zoos and i have caught certain snails wiping them out in my tanks before.

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
whats up guys!!!... i just got a bunch of xenia, zoo and zoanthid fragments, and i was just wondering if any of my livestock would hurt any of them. i have:

2 tangs
10 hermit crabs
1 small purple crab

will it be fine to keep all of them together???
Depends what tangs and what size tank. Tangs are burst swimmers and territorial. It takes a decent size tank to hold two of them. None of the fish should bother any of the corals though.

·
xenia reef
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet!... i really dont know what kind of crab it is... its purple, fat claws, and when i touch it, it curls into a ball... i seen him attacking the hermits but im clueless if he'll atttack the coral

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
i'm not sure what a purple crab is but you should be ok. xenia is supposed to taste awful to almost anything and zoas are toxic. atlantic angels will eat zoos and i have caught certain snails wiping them out in my tanks before.
+1 any pics?

·
xenia reef
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a ten gallon tank... ill try to get some PICS of him its just that hes been hiding in different LR. the purple crab its about an inch long and just now realized that in 3 days hes killed 4 hermits and another crab just lik him :(

·
Kid Reefer
4,174 Posts
Wait 2 tangs in a 10 gallon!?!!? Wheres the tang police?! For one small tang you need atleast a 75 gallon if not larger, get those out of there, get some clownfish or damsels!

·
xenia reef
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wait maybe im gettin this wrong(sorry i suck at ID-ing anything) ill take a picture of the litte guys as soon as i find my camera.---the fish are purplish blue and about an inch long---

1 - 14 of 14 Posts