·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After some research it seems the only T5 fixture worth a darn is the SLS Tek fixture because the bulbs have individual reflectors versus the others that use one reflector. It would cost me $350 for the Tek setup versus $200 (pendant & bulb) for a single halide setup. I just need to decide whether to go with a single or double end setup.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=12></TD><TD width="12%" rowSpan=4> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=boldbigblue width="29%" height=11>LT-AB75106</TD><TD width="48%">
Price $254.99​
</TD></TR><TR><TD rowSpan=2>24 inch Ocean Light T5 system with 8 bulbs. Black aluminum housing. From Aquamedic ...more

</TD><TD height=42>
<FORM name=CustomCart_3_ATC_2081140 action=/customaquatic/subsubcategorypage.asp?subcatindexid=lt%2Dt5%2Dsy&offset=0 method=post><INPUT type=hidden value=2081140 name=CustomCart_3_ID_Add> <INPUT size=4 value=1 name=CustomCart_3_Quantity_Add> </FORM>​
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Also try Dirk.........he may have a T5 deal.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
XM 250 SE IMO bit really I have only used the 400's.
David you are gonna love the lights I got for Yoshi's tank. Aquamedic T5 spacelight with 8 36 inch bulbs. NICE to say the least.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
oyam123 said:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=12></TD><TD width="12%" rowSpan=4></TD></TR><TR><TD class=boldbigblue width="29%" height=11></TD><TD width="48%">
</TD></TR><TR><TD rowSpan=2>

</TD><TD height=42>
<FORM name=CustomCart_3_ATC_2081140 action=/customaquatic/subsubcategorypage.asp?subcatindexid=lt%2Dt5%2Dsy&offset=0 method=post> </FORM>​
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Also try Dirk.........he may have a T5 deal.
Or a halide deal

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Anyone have any reviews?..."It's Aqua Medic" that all the review I need :agree:

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
I will first say that I have not seen or heard any performance graphs on these reflectors.

But......

Judging from the T5 Tek reflectors, and everything but the reefoptixIII which get good reviews, most pendants they make don't perform that spectacular. I would choose the proven Pacific Garden Supply luminarc over this knock off.....

I can definately be proved wrong, but without any data, I wouldn't buy it until more have been done.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
DE suck from my experience. Some swear by them....

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
There have been studies that show that DE is mostly hype and that the pendants focusing the light more is mostly to do with the better ratings that and throwing more juice at the bulb. If you went purely by light per watts, I bet the DE doesn't look as good. I had 150W HQI Aquaspace light and they really ran a tad over 200W per bulb.

It really depends on what your wanting to do with it. If you have a smaller not very wide tank it won't be bad. But on larger wider tanks it, you have to add more bulbs to get adequate coverage and so there is a trade off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts