The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I won this skimmer (see below) on ebay. The original owner owned an LFS and used it in a 75gal tank. It is rated up to 75gals. Being a newbie, I have no idea how to set it up. :confused:

Problem 1: As you can see from the pictures I have attached, I just plopped it into my 1922 (bad joke) sump. Since I have a lid covering half the sump (and no patience to wait to fix it..just came in mail today) I placed it in the smaller half with my return pump.
I know all of you will underline the word patience in your replies.

Problem 2: I started the system as is and received a surprise. Billions and Billions of microbubbles in my display. Obviously not normal so I started my tinkering. No joy......:clown: (I'm such a clown)

Problem 3: The skimmer sounds like a freight train running through my sump. I turn the pvc into the skimmer itself and this causes the water level to rise into the collection cup and overflow through the little tubing at the top of the collection cup. Sorta solves the freight train problem and turns it into a drag racer. Better?

Problem 4: I'm a noob. I have no idea how to set this thing up. Any and all help with this problem will be greatly appreaciated. Thank you.

Problem 5: I tried to attach picutures in my sump, for some reason I can't? +++++++ I figured out the problem. My pictures exceed the forum limit of 300kbs. Of course, nothing else is working for me. :lol:

Here is the link to the exact skimmer that I have
https://www82.safesecureweb.com/webaquatics/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ACS75&Category_Code=ACA

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Bio-Reef can answer this for sure! I could show you but not good at describing things. You could also call Pro Clear Aquatics here in Jacksonville. They are the company that makes them. They used to be called Aqua Clear.

What part of town are you in? I could be persauded to drop by and give you a hand. :) No charge of course.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live off the last exit on the far far west side. Chaffee & Normandy area. Thanks for the advice. All I really need is a manual and getting it from the company locally would be great and easy. You wouldn't happen to know where they are located, I'll stop by in the a.m. If I don't solve this problem by the next meeting, I'll bring the skimmer with me. I'll also stop by Rob's Reef (Closer) and see if they can help me with this one. Rob is really cool about helping me with my quesitons.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
jjaalmaraz said:
I live off the last exit on the far far west side. Chaffee & Normandy area. Thanks for the advice. All I really need is a manual and getting it from the company locally would be great and easy. You wouldn't happen to know where they are located, I'll stop by in the a.m. If I don't solve this problem by the next meeting, I'll bring the skimmer with me. I'll also stop by Rob's Reef (Closer) and see if they can help me with this one. Rob is really cool about helping me with my quesitons.
LOL.....Funny thing is, I am closer to you than anyone. I live off Normandy near Herlong field. Let me know when you have some time tomorrow and I'll come over and get it going for you since you are so close. :D You can send me a PM with your address.

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
I assume that you attached the tube from the air adjusment piece to the collection cup. The air adjuster,(small black knob) can be turn to get the water level to its optimum height. There is a line drawn on the skimmer itsself. Use the dial knob to control the flow and the bubbles. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey we all carry Pro-Clear products.....and would be more than happy to help....

I think Keri is going by his house since he lives near by....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keri did come by, thanks again Keri. He worked his magic and got the skimmer set up. Unfortunately I still have the microbubble problem. I'm going to build a DYI Sump and try to help eliminate that problem. Guy from Ebay says to add pvc down to the water level and add airline tubing if necessary? I'm not sure if that will work. Thanks everyone for your posts. I really appreciate it. Agian, thanks Keri, by the by, that sump you built is way way cool. Mine will be built by weeks end.... oh yes....it will!! :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Microbubble problem solved. Thanks Keri (Reefneck). He told me how to build a Refugium/Sump with baffles. Bubbles are gone and skimmer is running great. Thanks everyone for your posts and thanks again Keri for the help with the Refugium.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
jjaalmaraz said:
Microbubble problem solved. Thanks Keri (Reefneck). He told me how to build a Refugium/Sump with baffles. Bubbles are gone and skimmer is running great. Thanks everyone for your posts and thanks again Keri for the help with the Refugium.
Good grief, What did you do? Stay up all night finishing it? ;) Good Job! Glad to hear everything is falling into place for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts