The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home with my second set of NO T-5s. Two 28 watt bulbs, one 10,000k daylight the other true actinic 03 blue. I am very happy with these. They really brighten up the tank and I hope my softies like them as much as me!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll post them tonight, running out of time here this morning. Just make sure you shade your eyes!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
t-5 001re.jpg

t-5 003re.jpg

I think these pics turned out better than all the others I've taken with that camera. No flash either. :fish: :fish: :D

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
How big is your tank. I ordered some T5s I was expecting friday from championlighting, but I suppose theyre coming on monday. Mine are 24" long, but 24x4 (2 are daylight 2 are actinics). Just kinda wanting to see what I have in store! Its kinda weird that the wattage is so low, yet it works so well.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My tank is 50 gal. It is 4 feet long. The lights are 48inches so they fit perfectly. They aren't wide either, so if I wanted, I could fit a 3rd set on there. Hmmm.....

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The first set I've had for about a month and a half. So far they still look as bright or nearly as bright as the new set. I'm quite impressed with what I got for the price. Going from these to HO would be 4x the cost.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
So you have total quantity of (4) bulbs, correct?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Very nice, wasnt sure if you had anything than those, not that I couldnt add up the 4 lol. They seem very cost effective, as opposed to MH. And my apartment is hot enough as it is, with no AC, since I live on the beach. Im not willing to raise my temperature a good 10 degrees on top of what it is now lol.

Very nice looking lights though..

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I am a big fan of the T5's they things put out so much light. I am working on replacing my non single light reflector units with a Tek 6x54 retro.
Currently I am running 6x54 T5s, but it is 2 bulbs per reflector. From what I read there should be a big difference.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
or buy some metal and make your own reflector. hmmmmmmm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts