The Reef Tank banner

New seahorse build

32K views 360 replies 6 participants last post by  VWD 
#1 ·
It's been sometime since my last seahorse set up, I'm going to start another tank, this will be just to house them and not breed or raise the fry. Don't want to get that deep into it these days. Just always lived my seahorses.

the tank will be a 36 bow front tank , skimmer and live plants

here is the tank

See less See more
#214 ·
Just got 3 adults? Female and 2 males? This species you have, are they 'known to be strong breeders'?
Hack

#215 ·
Yes most seahorses breed regularly. They will take breaks every so often. But these where young and not ready to bred when I got them. I want to get another female. But Alyssa is in Maryland and it’s hit to ship right now. She is the only person I trust seahorses from.

#216 ·
All the fry got moved to new tubs or tanks. The older fry are now in the right tub that was unoccupied and then the three week old are in the tub the older fry came from after a cleaning of the tub. And the tiny 4 day old now in the 20 gallon.
I hate making changes because of things that can go wrong.

#218 ·
Over an inch long. The side of the ton had algae growing and needed cleaning. So they stayed in the same water. Just netted from tub 1 and out in tub two. The other batch was nice and out I’m in different water as was the newest batch. Just hope one set of fry didn’t have something that will affect the other. I don’t think so.
the youngest I’m not real worried about because I really wasn’t planning on raising.
I want to see the different colors of each batch or if they will be the same as they grow.

#226 ·
THAT outta make the inhabitants go doo doo in the tank.
Hack

#229 ·
At least it would stress me Jerry seeing my lights flicker.
Hack

#230 ·
There's a LOT of people that like that Vinnie, and it draws big bucks out of the pockets I'm sure.
Hack

#235 ·
I like your out of the box approach.....NICE!
Hack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.