21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Water Plant Marine invertebrates Coastal and oceanic landforms Underwater
Water Plant Marine invertebrates Coastal and oceanic landforms Underwater
Plants added, hope they take off and start growing, pulled from larger tank

Administrator
Nice getting it going Vinnie. 馃憤
Does a 'seahorse tank' get cycled any different than a usual tank.......worrying about any access nutrients of anything?
Hack

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
No , gets cycled the same way, not worried about nutrients, I will have lots of macro algae that will pretty much take care of them along with skimmer. I tend to only run a skimmer, bare bottom and water changes. It鈥檚 always work great for me.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Right now I want as much nutrients as possible to get the algae to take off.

Administrator
......馃
Right now I want as much nutrients as possible to get the algae to take off.
You're in luck Pal......I'll send you a few gallons......SLOW MAIL! 馃榿
Hack

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Been slow going, but it's there, I do want to add some color to it by adding some other macro, I do have some red in there , I hope it take off. may be a few small fish Not sure yet. my goal is for 2 pair of seahorses .

Administrator
Looking good Vinnie! I thought Sea Horses were a 'species only' tank.....didn't know you could have Fish with them? Guessing 'bottom dwellers' so there's no food competition?

Sooooooo looking forward to seeing THIS.....
Hack

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You can even have certain clown in the tank like ocellaris or percula . Banggai Cardinal fish can be be housed with them but as they mature you want to watch for aggression especially when they pair up and start laying , but then even that may still work. But if I was going to raise the seahorse fry I wouldn't they probable get eaten before I could get the babies out. That's why I never have anything but the seahorses in the past, I always siphon the little guys out and place in special tanks I made for them. I'm not planning on doing that and probably won't be doing H, Reidi , the babies don't hitch for first 14 days and you have to have them constantly be moving in a circular movement to prevent them from going to the top of the water surface and snick air, other breeds can hitch right away. I always work with the H. Reidi. you have to keep green water at all time and rotifers batches going, Lots of work, then baby enriched brine later on. Its a job, I was younger and fish where my life back then even more then corals.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have did keep them in a reef tank many years back, it was cool. that was in the day when Kristine and I first go married in 89, 90's.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts