The Reef Tank banner
201 - 220 of 261 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Peroxide can be used for all kinds of things in reef tanks. Help fighting unwanted algae. Fish disease . Cleaning and sanitizing nets and other equipment and live foods. I won’t feed live foods without it.,

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,404 Posts
That doesn't seem as bad as I thought actually, my cichlids were usually 7 to 8 months to grow out. Although to be honest they weren't NEARLY the work you have to do - I guess in hindsight it is a looong time.

·
Super Moderator
27,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
I haven’t been able to replicate my old seahorse setups where one feeding a day fir adults was all that was needed because of the pod population. I think it because I don’t have cheati and grape macro. I think I will order some with some pods someday

·
Super Moderator
27,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
These guys are slow to taking frozen. They sure eye it but are confused by it. I did see one eat some . Now to get them all eating it would be nice.
I am letting them get hungry and then adding the chopped mysis. Now it’s just time I guess.

·
Super Moderator
27,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Yes most seahorses breed regularly. They will take breaks every so often. But these where young and not ready to bred when I got them. I want to get another female. But Alyssa is in Maryland and it’s hit to ship right now. She is the only person I trust seahorses from.

·
Super Moderator
27,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
All the fry got moved to new tubs or tanks. The older fry are now in the right tub that was unoccupied and then the three week old are in the tub the older fry came from after a cleaning of the tub. And the tiny 4 day old now in the 20 gallon.
I hate making changes because of things that can go wrong.

·
Super Moderator
27,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Over an inch long. The side of the ton had algae growing and needed cleaning. So they stayed in the same water. Just netted from tub 1 and out in tub two. The other batch was nice and out I’m in different water as was the newest batch. Just hope one set of fry didn’t have something that will affect the other. I don’t think so.
the youngest I’m not real worried about because I really wasn’t planning on raising.
I want to see the different colors of each batch or if they will be the same as they grow.

·
Super Moderator
27,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
So I picked up a Nuvo38 gallon set up along with lights, RO DI unit. A six line wrasse, some kind of clown fish, live rock and skimmer. It will most likely be a seahorse set up so not going to start a new thread.
Water Underwater Blue Azure Window

Yellow Electrical wiring Engineering Electronic engineering Cable

Wood Fluid Gas Pet supply Glass

Water Vertebrate Blue Azure Underwater

Water Blue Azure Fluid Underwater

201 - 220 of 261 Posts