The Reef Tank banner

What name would you choose??

• Upstate SC Marine Aquarium Organization (USCMAO)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With alot of input from a local clubs members there has been a motion to start a new club in the Upstate of SC. I would like the input of my fellow reefers to select a name for the club...so give me your input guy/gals..

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
by the description and the target area we would be in ;)

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
by the description and the target area we would be in ;)
I guess the club I am in being named North Florida Marine Aquarium Society made me think about it differently. That and I am not sure that Florida has an "Upstate" to it.

·
MICRO TANG
1,815 Posts
I voted UMAC just 'cause it's easyer to say than USCMAC LOL

We did a poll on Reefmonkey a while back and the vote went to "Upstate Marine Aquarium Club"

I like the club better than society 'cause it sounds a little more down to earth and I like marine better than reef 'cause it includes fish only people who will be reef people after a few meetings.

I am glad to see all this new interest in the club and can't wait to see what direction it will take.

So who's going to host the March meeting???

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think we need to talk to Tom and see if he'd be interested, not to mention he could give a presentation and wouldn't have to lug all tat equipment around...

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got a little bored so i threw something together...whatcha think??

·
Super Moderator
27,070 Posts
USCMAS

If you named it UMAS, What state is it Upstate in?
I voted for USCMAS for the same reason. Just plain Upstate isn't enough info, IMO.

Got a little bored so i threw something together...whatcha think??

I like the artwork, Tony, but as I said above, I think SC needs to be in it.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Great work on the logo Tony! I guess people have a valid point about the "upstate" being too vague (for people who don't live here). Let me muddy up the water by throwing out some more names:

Carolina Marine Aquarium Club (or Society)
South Carolina Marine Aquarium Club (or Society)
Palmetto Marine Aquarium Club (or Society)

I think these names are a bit more inclusive by leaving out the upstate, it also keeps the name short too.

·
MICRO TANG
1,815 Posts
Great work on the logo Tony! I guess people have a valid point about the "upstate" being too vague (for people who don't live here). Let me muddy up the water by throwing out some more names:

Carolina Marine Aquarium Club (or Society)
South Carolina Marine Aquarium Club (or Society)
Palmetto Marine Aquarium Club (or Society)

I think these names are a bit more inclusive by leaving out the upstate, it also keeps the name short too.

I like the PMAC :cool:

There is already a CMAC (Colunbia marine aquarium club)

·
MICRO TANG
1,815 Posts
All this talk about names means nothing though if no one comes to the meetings or if we can't get anyone to host them.

There has been a good bit of interest in this club online in the past and now.

IMO We just need to have meetings every month. If we only have 2 or 3 meetings a year then people loose interest or have other plans. If we have one every month then over time everyone in the area will have been able to make it to at least one meeting. Then I think you'll see more and more interest in the club. :agree: I know everyone will not be able to make every meeting but some like myself will.
I think that is why we've lost some members in the past.

If we meet every month and get a steady show of faces then over time we can do group buys and a coral of the month and other things that will also bring more interest to the club.

I for one love to meet at peoples homes where we can see their systems and learn or even offer suggestions that may help us all as a group.

·
MICRO TANG
1,815 Posts
I think You need to drop the whole upstate Idea, I'm with Kelli as the only time I ever here anyone say upstate it's upstate New York, South Carolina Aquarium Club is you best Choice! it covers fresh or salt water. JMO
True but I would hate for somone who is interested only in fresh water to drive an hour to a meeting only to find out that the only thing we talk about is SW fish and corals.
This is why I think Marine or SW is a must.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts