The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added 16 Lbs Of Cultured Live Rock Today ............looks Good (i Think) Im Not Sure How Much More To Do Im At About 40-45lbs Now

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
looks much better, dont listen to that 1lb/gallon junk, stack it too the sky, if you can get 100 lbs in there, go for it, just get as much as you can afford!! and when your full, and you cant stack any more, get some more and stack it!!! hhaha, rock is the best, looking great!

·
Registered
163 Posts
a few realy big pieces would look nice in there. looks good and glad to see your water has cleared up nicely. duct tape must have worked huh:funny:

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
lb per gal is just rule of thumb minimum. I say put as much as you can and watch it grow. Just leave room for the fishies to swim.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have alot of orange, green, maroon, and deep purple on the rock that has been in there for the last month.................i dont know what alot of people are talking about but my coraline(i am assuming thats what it is) grows good..............its not "carpeting" the rock but its there

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the two damsels seem to really like it...........they are going in and out of the rock work like its willy wonka's chocolate factory...............and im not sure but my yellow tang is in one of the caves i made..............I HOPE HE CAN GET OUT?????????????

·
Registered
12,070 Posts
ionracing said:
the two damsels seem to really like it...........they are going in and out of the rock work like its willy wonka's chocolate factory...............and im not sure but my yellow tang is in one of the caves i made..............I HOPE HE CAN GET OUT?????????????

If he swam into it then he sould be able to get out.:D

I think.

Tim

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well he was kinda in there when i put the rock there............but the hole he used to swin into the area before is still there so he should be good

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
IOn,
good news and bad for ya..

good news.. tank looks great.. play withthe rock adn change how it sits if you dont want to add more..

okay now the bad news.. the corraline thatyou have on the nice fiji LR is goingot slowly change color. the temps and the CA are one of the things i belive that we can not match inout tanks that it needs.. it may take a year or so but will slowly change.

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
afbengochea said:
I thought that having the rock against the back was bad? Was I missinformed? :read:
Having it away from the glass make it much easier to siphon the detrious out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts