The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a lil tired of constantly having to remove the backround to dry water that gets in there from time to time( i have an overflow box and a load of plumbing in the back). So i decieded to spraypaint the back glass black(i used every safety precation to protect it from getting in the water, trust me). so i was succsessful at doing so..........

after that 4 hout job was done, i put everyting back togetha and everything was great, so i did a 5gal water change cuz i had some brown on the sand. a day later, its back.

not as bad as it was, but geting there. how do i stop it. it look awful and throwning off the beauty of it plus its makin me crazy. i just got a light up grade like 2 weeks ago, and the brown is only forming were the light hits the sand. o and another ting. on the front and sides of the tank, im getting this green algae that looks like a fine film. im told this is normal, but i have to remove it daily, why is it growing so rapidly? lsat thing, other tanks ive seen has these purple dots on the back wall of the tank, how do i get that, on my back wall(were i cant clean due to the LR) there is brown hair algae. i use purple up every day. Thanks to all

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
brown algae will go away with time. If you are talking about coraline. There is no set time on when you get it. Some tanks start getting it from day one while others take weeks/months/years....some may never get it at all.

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
You might consider checking your phosphate level if you haven't already. I had brown and red algaes growing like crazy on the sand bed and found my phosphates were out of sight - -

HHC

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ummm, do u think i have enough light for, ;et say(just an example), a pearl coral or n e thing like that, im thinking of selling my anemons becaus e i want some color in there, i love that sponge in there, it stands out so nice, and i want more stuff like that in there. i Have 2 power compacts in thet. one with a daylight bulb(10000k/6700k) and the other one has an actinic bulb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts