The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is considering the Epson 2200, which uses archival inks that last on archival matte, glossy, or semi glossy paper 80+ yrs, I just got one and LOVE IT! I took some prints in to have mattes cut for framing, and the framer was knocked out by the quality...and those were from a 2.1 megapixel digital! Our Olympic Peninsula pics are turning out just incrediblly well! I printed one on matte paper 12 x 18 -- so amazing!

~ Shirley :dance:

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a printer only, and most people would buy it primarily as a photo or graphics printer, and then it would be someone who wants archival quality prints that last as long as what you get from the photo lab. In my case and opinion, it removes the need to send anything out to be printed, whether it be an 8x10 portrait photo, a snapshop, or an enlargement of a photo for display on a wall as framed art. It takes up to 13x19 sheets, and 13x44 rolls. It holds 7 inks, and they are replaced individually as they run out. There's an 8th ink for printing matte instead of semi-gloss or gloss.

I won't use it for word docs, or printing something in color that's "throw-away" or "homework".

~ Shirley:)

·
Super Moderator
22,710 Posts
Cool Shirley!:beer:
if i get my new dig camera b4 i go to Da Keys,,,,i know where to bring the CD,,,,LOL j/k

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff, you won't believe what this printer can do. Thing is, I can make cool collages and such in photoshop, make them any size I want, and print them here rather than spend a fortune at a custom lab at the discount prices I get. I've been saving 3 vacations of photos for the labs, and now I'm glad I haven't had them printed yet. Now, framing is expensive.....

~ shirley

·
Super Moderator
22,710 Posts
i can only imagine,,,,;)

·
Super Moderator
22,710 Posts
ShirleyM said:
Now, framing is expensive.....
~ shirley
What, Steve can't miter- cut four pieces of wood,or know how to stain?;) :funny: LOL

·
Super Moderator
22,710 Posts
ShirleyM said:
You know, you have a point there.....:idea:
Right after he installs those dusty boxes of GFCI's right?:mad: ;) :funny:
don't make me come down there and do it fer ya,,,,,
oops!:eek: big mouth here again,,,,,,,;)
ya know i would! mebbe a summer trip down there w/Blyth and a animal or two,,,,,(i need back up help with the "kittie") LOL
naa,,,,prob just need some good ol neck scratchin' and a treat or two,,and i'll be back in the good graces of your "Hoosier Puma" LOL:funny:

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Junkzoo said:
i need back up help with the "kittie") LOL
naa,,,,prob just need some good ol neck scratchin' and a treat or two,,and i'll be back in the good graces of your "Hoosier Puma" LOL:funny:
Ya gotta remember...this kitty "aint too bright"...she'll probably forget all about her nasty shenanigans of last time and fall in love with ya next time!

You know, if you and Blyth can come visit with pets in tow, we could have a super barbecue! And forget the "work" part...we'll just have fun! (Ya gotta bring your birdies)

~ :beer: :dance: Just say when

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.