The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My frag of Codium taylori arrived today! :D
The fish were so curious about it that they all, the blenny included, mobbed my hand when I'd finished acclimating the plant (and its' little white legged hermit crab hitchiker!) and got it wedged nicely into the rock.

This thing is such a neat looking plant.
It mimics a poisonous sponge, so the fish tend to leave it be based on sight alone. The clown and blenny have picked at it a couple of times, but haven't damaged it and after a couple of nips have let it be.
Other than looking sponge-like, it's a very, very deep green.

It feels weird as well; a bit like a sponge, which stands to reason.

In case anyone is curious, currently, I get my plants from Exotic Aquatics and Pets
They've been great in the past; good prices (especially considering some of the quantities of live macroalge that can be bought), a nice variety, and decent shipping.
I've had plants from them in the past that I bought as 'feeding' plants simply because the price was low enough that I could justify it.

Occasionally they have inverts (crabs, pods and shrimp mostly) for sale, but most of what they have is macroalgae, mangrove seedlings and dry goods.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Any pics? I want to see what it looks like. I tried finding it on the net but, no success.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Liza said:
there are some pics on that site she referenced
You beat me to it. :)
I was just going to link to one of their auctions.
The pics they have are of a full grown plant; I got a frag of one that was about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide. Assuming I don't kill it, it should eventually branch out into a softball sized mass.
I'm hoping it attaches to the live rock well enough; it's wedged pretty well between a couple of large pieces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts