The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ICH is work of the DEVIL
324 Posts
looks good... the only thing I would change if it was my tank would be to blackout the back glass using that black film that adheres to the glass like window tint...and completely blacksout the background.

I think a black background does 3 things:
1) hides the ugly wires and pipes
2) gives the tank a deeper look
3) makes the color of fish and coral POP

My current 75g tank has this black background and I scrap-scrap-scrap it monthly to keep the black look to it. It makes it look sharp, clean and dddddeeeeeeeeeppppppp.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, it isnt my camera. I had my friend come over and take pictures with his because mine sucks. When I find out I will let you know though. Thats actually the reason I havent posted a picture in a long time.

·
ICH is work of the DEVIL
324 Posts
Only thing is sometimes i like to peak at stuff through the back.
i've often wonder how COOL it would be to mount a MIRROR as the background to a tank to see things on the other side of the rocks.

the last time I was at a GlassShop I was looking at the different grades of mirrors they could custom-cut. they have a thin decorative mirror that comes in a huge sheet that could be custom-cut to the dimensions of my tank. its not heavy weight-wise at all. it could be easily hung by glueing it to the outside of the back of the tank.

i may do this someday....just think how DDDEEEEPPPP the tank would look them.

wonder if the fish would freakout and keep hitting the back wall trying to swim into the mirror....or freakout thinking theres another fish as its reflection and be in constant battle with itself

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Livestock list

Fish
Strawberry Pseudocromis, Yellowtailed blue damsel, Algae Blenny, Percula clown, Coral Beauty Angel, Sailfin Tang, Sixline wrasse, and finally a mandarin which I just got and am trying to feed every way possible and am not sure how its going.

Invertebrates
Coral banded shrimp, Blue linkia starfish, Halloween hermit(I havent seen in a couple of days), crocea clam, gold squamosa clam, various snails and other hermits.

Soft corals
various colored zoanthid polyps, toadstool leather, Carnation coral, green star polyps, colt coral, blue spot mushrooms, green ricordia, and a buttload of pom pom xenia that grows out of control.

LPS
tracho brain, frogspawn, red w/blue center goniopora, candy coral, my newest piece is the acanthastrea.

SPS
green w/ purple rim montipora capricornis, pink birdsnest, neon green birdsnest, pink millepora, purple tipped acropora, also there is a orange monti. cap. that is starting to come back. I thought it was dead but its pulling through.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the good feedback. I appreciate it. I put a lot of work into this tank so far and I still have so much to learn. Just entering the sps stage and trying to keep up with it. Doing this for a little over a year now.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I love the rockwork, great job on that. And for some reason, I love open topped tanks. It makes you wanna go swimming lol. Thats what got me to buy my tank, the LFS had one on display and the open top, with the 10k light just looked so inviting.

Great selection of corals, great everything.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the open top because it allows you to work with the tank easier and also its sometimes cool to just look down on everything. It gives you a different viewing angle which sometimes makes things look so different.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.