The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont need to say much besides im really getting turned off to this tank now............in the front on pic you can see micro bubbles from the aqua c remora that hasnt kicked in yet

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
why do you keep saying the skimmer hasnt kicked in, it should be able to work as soon as you put it in, try adjusting it some. get the bubbles to peak over the edge of the funnel. it will need adjusting from time to time untill it breaks in all the way, but you should be able to get skimmate now. also, did you wash your sand really good before putting it in your tank?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure what you mean by adjusting it............the only thing i see you can do is put the collection cup lower or higher and i have it as low as it goes.............no..........the two bags of live sand i got said DO NOT WASH.....but the tank was fine for a month

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
i think you should take out all the water and add completly new water and start your cycle over again. i think that would be easier then doing water changes every other day. Just my 2 cents.

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
sorry for the double post...

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
i didnt realize you had live sand, yea you dont wanna wash that... im not familiar with the remora skimmers, but most skimmers are adjustable, read the instruction book, and see if there are other ways to adjust it.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no the aqua c remora usess a maxi jet 1200 the into the skimmer with an injecto.........no air line

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the manual says the only adjustment is to raise and lower the cup........the lower the wetter............mine is at the lowest...............also says it will release micr bubbles for about the first week or so

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
what is putting air in the reaction chamber? there has to be something i thought. ok i just read up on it, it uses a spray induction system, there should be somewhere that it sucks air from, check around it and see if you can find an air inlet, maybe its clogged or something.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i looked around the whole thing its all very smooth no holes.........but the chamber is fully of bubbles so ???.........but thats right where does it get the air from

·
Registered
959 Posts
the bubbles will go away you just have to give it time I bet, Every time I really mess with my coral life it does big time micro bubbles for about a day then it chills out.

You ever thought about maybe a canister filter to clean up that water? even a bio wheel filter with some carbon? I bet that would work, When I filled up with my sand it took the biowheel/carbon filter a few days before the water was clear.

·
Registered
959 Posts
also on my skimmer if I move the powerhead down into the water more (or raise the water lvl) it puts more pressure on it and the bubbles come up higher in the chamber. Anyway you can do something like that or is it even possible with that skimmer? Maybe just add more water to the tank?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have a tidepool wet/dry iwth pads, carbon, and polishing pads, and a bio wheel..........my filtration is top notch

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
how old it this tank? It sound like (no Offense) you need to keep you hands out of the tank. Also place a spunge where the skimmer returnes the water this will help eliminate the bubbles

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a sponge i didnt think of that i have a filter for one of my powerheads i can put that there

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i did it and it wedges nicely where the water comes out and the glass top...........only about 1/4 of an inch is left "UNSPONGED" ..........i shined a flashlight up there through the tank and i do not see bubbles coming through............but the test will be in the morning when the lights turn on

1 - 18 of 18 Posts