The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the new CPR CS90 I replace the Tidepool S.O.S. overflow with this and this is the new protein skimmer the Aqua C Remora..........which from my month lonf research is one of the top 5 skimmers made..............

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
you can also hang it on your sump, and just put the baffles in so that the water has to be high enough to reach it, or ... get a longer tube, it should be able to be replaced, and they usually give you one with the setup.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

can anyone tell me if replacing the tube from the maxi-jet 1200 to the skimmer.............making it longer will effect its performance

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
it really shouldnt as long as you keep the pump at the reccomended height under the water. if you were extending it 6 feet, thats one thing, but 4 or 5 inches wont do anything.

·
Registered
393 Posts
if you get a chance, could you take some more pictures of that overflow box? How do you like it? I was thinking about buying one or perhaps spending some time to make one myself.

I have the AquaC remora and placed a 6 inch tube from the MJ1200. It didn't really affect performance very much. I tell you what though, be sure to clean the MJ once in a while. Leaving it dirty really affects the performance in a major way. Also, make sure to clean the collection cup every few days.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
ionracing said:
this is the new CPR CS90 I replace the Tidepool S.O.S. overflow with this and this is the new protein skimmer the Aqua C Remora..........which from my month lonf research is one of the top 5 skimmers made..............
I love the CPR CS90 takes less room & very quiet! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
BGJ223 said:
Might a make a big suggestion for you. Depending on what GPH your overflow is running at, you might want to get an aqualifter pump on there. The overflow you have really likes to trap bubbles in there which can cause it to break siphon.

here is a link
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aqualifter-siphon-overflow-pump_W0QQitemZ7764823724QQcategoryZ46310QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I already sent him a pic
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 1px" vAlign=bottom align=middle width="23%"></TD><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 1px" vAlign=bottom align=middle width="23%"></TD><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 1px" vAlign=bottom align=middle width="23%"></TD><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 1px" vAlign=bottom align=middle width="23%"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px" vAlign=top align=middle width="23%">Aqua Lifter Pump

i think he thought he needed a mag

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Hey Brent
What is the GPH of your return line coming from your sump? I was doing about 600 GPH with that overflow, and I was constantly getting air bubble in it. That is even with the aqualifter.
I like the size of the CS90, but it can not handle return flow in my opinion. I changed it to my 20 gal tank with 200 gph flow and it works great.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
ionracing said:
im using a mag 7 at about 5 ft so thats about 400-450 gph.........
Are you sure that is 5 feet? That seems like a pretty big distance for a sump that is under a tank stand.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
BGJ223 said:
Hey Brent
What is the GPH of your return line coming from your sump? I was doing about 600 GPH with that overflow, and I was constantly getting air bubble in it. That is even with the aqualifter.
I like the size of the CS90, but it can not handle return flow in my opinion. I changed it to my 20 gal tank with 200 gph flow and it works great.
Im running 2 Mag 7's for my return from the sump, at 4 feet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts