The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a HOB today. Moves 150g an hour. Is that enough for a 10g? Heres my tank at 3+ weeks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Looks good Nicole. I like the rockwork.

The key to water flow is to make sure you don't have any areas of the tank that have no movement. Corals need water movement to bring food and for respiration.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The rock looks very good! How long has it been set up and what kind of rock is it?

Also, how much light do you have?

William

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone. I think its been set up for about 5 weeks,maybe? It had sand and cycled as a QT tank prior. Yes, I am pleased with the rockscaping. I kept redoing and redoing it. With very small pieces, I kinda built what I wanted on the floor and then reconstructed it in the tank. Some spots are precarious and I have to be careful when I go in. Next "to do" is minimize the valves/tubes/intake...... I'll post another pic tomorrow when everything is open. I swear it looks better everyday. I have a little yellow goby that seems quite happy. Im hoping my LFS gets me a possum fish this week. Now that would be COOL! Oh, and as far as the kind of rock? There was only one criterion.....small :D
Forgot to add that the lights are 32w PC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts