The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my new pc's will be here tomorrow. i currently have only 40w flourescent bulbs. what kind of lighting cycle should i follow when adding these more powerful lights. it is orbit lighting. 2 -65 w10k's and 2 -65w actinics. i thought i read somewhere here to start 3 hours on for three days then 4 hours on for the next 3 days then 5 and so on.
ANGRY GARY

skeety: pm me please i would like to talk with you.

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, i should have given better info. right now there is 100 lbs sand and 60 lbs. live rock and one green chromis and many many blue legged hermits and a few dozen astrea snails. and two sally lightfoot crabs. my aim is to eventually,(month or two) add some soft corals and the like and a couple more fish. but for now i just need the lights to function with minimal algae blooms.
thanks,
ANGRY GARY

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
I think you would be fine just switching over most acclimating to light is for the corals. If there are no excess nutrients or phosphates you shouldn't have any abnormal algae blooms

·
Administrator
46,680 Posts
dobejazz said:
I think you would be fine just switching over most acclimating to light is for the corals. If there are no excess nutrients or phosphates you shouldn't have any abnormal algae blooms

Kellis right the fish wont care, with brighter lights and a newer tank you may get more algae growth tho, acclimation wont change that, sorry

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone!

AG

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Yep agree with above. No need to acclimate. You will get the algae but it should go away in no time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts