The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
New to the hobby...
I have twin Radion XL30W's on my 90 gallon reef tank. The new firmware update allows you to use a "natural" mode to simulate the sunlight over the day very gradually.
I started using it, and one of my clowns doesn't like it (that I've noticed). Has anyone out there tried these settings? I am going back to artificial mode for the time being.
Thanks,
Scott

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is supposed to replicate the natural progression of the sun across the horizon. It is a nice parabola, looks like the old fashioned bell curve, basically.

At "High Noon" the LED's are at their highest (12K, 100%) for a short period of time, before it starts to "set." It's a cool concept but there might be a necessary adaption period for livestock? I dunno...

· Registered
180 Posts
Why do you say they don't like it? More aggressive? In clowns that might be just sexing! Research them, I bet it was a natural thing..

I really would like to be able to get something like that. I was thinking a light/wave/temp simulator for someone REAL. Like the Great Barrier Reef is monitored 24/7 'I believe' For Hurricane ect. research.. Why not have a controller to simulate that in my tank.. With limitations 'harmful conditions'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.