·
Registered
3,063 Posts
How do you Frag a Shroom?

·
11,345 Posts
fchidsey said:
How do you Frag a Shroom?
take a new razor and cut it into 4 pieces, trying to get a piece of mouth in each section. I have found that i like to leave them attached to the rock before cutting, and even left in the same place if possible.....you dont stress the animal out by trying to hold it, and as well, you dont have to worry about sevuring them anywhere becasue they are already secured and if you didnt move the rock are comfortable with the flow they are in.

Those are SWEET Tim...............

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
There are no nasties like in a softy that will make the tank toxic? I'll post a pic on the pic thread I just started let me know if is time please.

Thanks

Fred

·
11,345 Posts
fchidsey said:
There are no nasties like in a softy that will make the tank toxic? I'll post a pic on the pic thread I just started let me know if is time please.

Thanks

Fred
If you can succeed at getting a piece of mouth in each piece it will always work regardless of size, assuming variables like water quality and tank health is good. I have heard some people say that its not even totally necessary to get a piece of mouth.....
AS far as the toxins go, they do slime up of course when they get whacked but im not aware of any toxins....

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
With that many of the same color on one rock, I'd be more inclined to just carefully cut off the entire shroom and super glue it to a piece of ruble(I've had very good success with this method), or just send a loose one to each of us :D

·
11,345 Posts
whatevva said:
With that many of the same color on one rock, I'd be more inclined to just carefully cut off the entire shroom and super glue it to a piece of ruble(I've had very good success with this method), or just send a loose one to each of us :D
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
thats some good color, wonder if they make you see colors like the other shrooms ive seen.

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fly Guy said:
Are those truly as purple as they look Tim??? They are gorgeous and i would love to acquire such a rock........
Yes they are truely that purple!! Ask Chris86 he saw them after i put them in my tank. At Petco they looked brown but that was under their cheapo lights.

Tim

1 - 20 of 72 Posts