The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am Lanae and am a new member of the club. I live in Hope MN, a few miles south of Owatonna. I grew up with fresh water tanks and have had a Salt tank for about 10 years. My current set up is a 125 reef tank with a 40 gallon sump. Tank was neglected over the last year and now I am paying for that. I had a bad alge outbreak and now have a lot of green rocks. The tank is slowly coming back, and has numerous mushrooms and Zoos, as well as some leather corals. Fish include a Coral Beauty Angle, Yellow Tang, lawnmower Blenny, 6 line Wrasse and a mated pair of Yellow Gobies.

I also have a 10000 gallon pond, with a lot of large gold comets that overwinter. That was a project, and it took the backhoe all day to dig it, but it was worth it, its the centerpiece of the back yard.

My other intrests are antiques, Horses and camping.

I am looking foward to being an active member of the club.

Lanae

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
LGK, Welcome to TRT...!!! This place rules !! you will find the more you read and research the more you will learn. I've had tanks all my life and I learned more here just by reading... This is a great place with a lot of great people... Once again Welcome!!

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Hi......we have meetings in rochester from time to time, and the TC club has one every month......+ you are close to smeese :wavey:

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
Welcome Lanae!!

I'm checking on interest for a meeting next Friday...

You're also close to Cindy (Loreli)...she's in Waseca...she and her son have some beautiful tanks.

Jodi

·
Registered
479 Posts
welcome to TRT :wavey: i am also somewhat new to the reef tank hobby all i can say is it is very addictive some days you feel very :angry: and some days when all goes well you feel :D :dance: lately i have been like this:freak: any way enough fun for me welcome to TRT oh wow i am a poet and did not even know it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome! I would love to go to the meeting next Friday, but its my grandmothers 92 birthday and we are taking her out for supper. Ill meet you all at the June meeting.

Lanae

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
OK, you can't just mention that you built a 10,000g pond and not post a picture or two. ;) Oh yeah, while you're at it, post a pic of your tank as well. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
:wavey: Welcome to RMAC!! We're da bomb...So are you still having a meeting next Friday JN? We are going to Rhinelander next month---anyone else going?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts