The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I decided that one clam wasn't enough and ordered a couple more.

I ordered through ClamsDirect and they both should be going out Tuesday for Wednesday delivery once quarentine is up.
I can't wait... :)
One thing I discovered is that once you get a clam in your cart at clamsdirect you better check out fast... the two clams we originally had in our cart sold before we could get everything filled out... :eek:
So, we 'ended up' with these beauties, but I think we still did great... way better than anything we could ever hope to find locally.
I'll add them to the pix thread once they're actually in my tank.

Here's the first beauty... a 1.5" Ultra Maxima

Attachments

G

·
remeber with the 1.5 you have to feed phyto
but thoes are some beauts, i hope casey doesnt get to jelous

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i hope casey doesnt get to jelous
Hehe... the funny thing is as my wife and I were browsing through the clams and adding them to the cart my wife said "We better hurry up and buy these before Casey does." :D

We had two amazing clams in our cart, and imagine our horror when we clicked on 'checkout' and only the clam box was still there. :eek:
We had to go back and pick out two more, and I'm still waiting for Casey to start another 'new clam' thread with these clams in it... ;)
Here's a shot of the first two we were looking at... hopefully some just like them will come in on the next shipment. This pic was also from clamsdirect.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Reefer Addict, I really do like the clams you ended up with. They are both nice. The ones that got away from you are nice for sure too. We'll have to wait and see who starts a new clams thread to see who scored. I know it wasn't me.

The 1.5" will need to be fed supplemental......

·
Registered
85 Posts
Maybe this will help in the furture.

When ordering, besure to become a member as when you re-order (if you do) :) you will not have to complete all the information again and it will get you out faster.

Besure to sign up for the newletter and you will be notified of mew arrival and specials.

Casey, sorry to high jack your thread. You can delete if you want. I would understand.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice Barry... I did both the things you suggested.
My wife and I actually have been browsing your site for about 3 weeks waiting for the new arrivals yesterday.
Also, I was just kidding about 'ending up' with the clams... ;) (that's why I used the little ''s).
It's the equivalent of being 'stuck' with a black Ferrari because somebody else snagged the Candy Apple Red one. :D
I'm more than happy.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Nice looking clams you guys are getting! They are very cool to observe in your tank! Enjoy!:)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well, they arrived today in perfect condition.

Here are 2 of the new guys :D

The 2" ultra Max and the 3" Crocea

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.