The Reef Tank banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this board today. My name is Jim and I am a career navy guy. I will be retiring in less then a year so I am ready to get back into the hobby I love . Fish tanks. My wife really loves the salt water. So I am wanting to set up a reef tank.
When I was younger I used to set up show tanks but that was a long time ago. We are hoping to get a used tank at first so if anyone has a set up in the Jax area for sale that is between 55--125 gallon please let us know. :agree:

Thank you

Jim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. My wife and I are pretty obessed on getting a tank soon. We have even considered starting with a Nano tank but really would like a big tank. Since I am retiring it will be a lot easier to keep up without going on deployments.:worm: . Hopefully , when I get out I will have a normal 9-5 job but who knows. Thankfully wife is working to so not to stressed on when I get out :beer:

We really like the reef tank, the corals, not really interested in to many fish but want a few .. Went to a place on Saint simons Island last week he had some really nice stuff but was expensive.. Been looking on ebay a lot as well as craiglist . Hoping I will find something soon or will be out looking for a new one soon :fish:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome Jim, I just started myself and this site and the club is a godsend. I have only been to one meeting and will definately be going to more.

I did 10 years in the Navy. I just separated about 2 years ago, I was an AW, what were you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am an ENCS Been in almost 25 yrs.. Just put my paperwork in to retire. I am currently stationed at Kingsbay on shore duty.. :D

·
Oh I wish I was.......
1,150 Posts
Jim,

If you have been to st simons, you must live close by! I live in brunswick :) If you want a tank here, ocean wonders is the only place that may have a reef ready in stock.

Paul

·
Registered
242 Posts
**** Senior Chief Engineman!!!! **** diesel swingin, beer drinkin, sinner!! Thats all we need here. Well you aint no submariner so thats good.

ENC(SW) Dave Young
USN Retired

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I got the pics. We have decided to hold off on getting a tank for a while until our lives settle down some.

·
Shinigami-sama
743 Posts
Oh no!! That's TWO knuckle draggin' piston heads on here! LOL!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts