The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these guys in the last couple of weeks. Calling the Bleenie "Fang". The Mandarin has not gotten a name yet. Thinking maybe "Kermit". The Blennie suprised me with the way he threw a crab away from the entrance to one of his burrows. Wish I would have gotten it on tape. I know people are worried about keeping Mandarins. Well I watched this one for three weeks at the LFS and he was and is eating frozen shrimp. Talked enough here are the pictures.
DSC04532.JPG
DSC04545.JPG

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
those are nice...your mandarine will live a long and healthy life if he is taking frozen foods. I wish i could find one around where i live that will take frozen...

·
Addicted to water
1,011 Posts
Nice looking fish, and best of luck with them!

is_that_a_fish said:
those are nice...your mandarine will live a long and healthy life if he is taking frozen foods. I wish i could find one around where i live that will take frozen...
Try Hikari brand mysis - I have yet to find a mandarin that didn't take to the food within a couple days. Don't take my word for it, though, as I seem to have an uncanny ability to "jinx" things as well.

·
Monkey Man
409 Posts
Nemo fish has one as of yesterday... He was a small one...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Flipturn88 said:
Try Hikari brand mysis - I have yet to find a mandarin that didn't take to the food within a couple days. Don't take my word for it, though, as I seem to have an uncanny ability to "jinx" things as well.
I dont have a manderin, but I will say that my Lawnmower Blenny chows it down.. Hes actually gotten so fat from eating it that I would say hes un healthly.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I know what you mean when he threw your crab. Mine did the exact same thing once a hermit got to close to "his rock". He grab it and dropped it of the edge. lol. Great fish with an awesome personality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts