The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Crawfish
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok went to the lfs today and found a 1" fuzzy dwarf. Is this guy too small. He had some really nice color, I asked if they would feed him and they did and better yet he ate frozen mysid shrimp. I asked them to put a hold on him till I got a little more info so can anybody give me some feed back.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
As long as he is eating frozen I say go for it! They are wonderful fish and apparently not really fast growers. Mine has been the same size for the 9 months I have had him and he is about 4 maybe 5 inches. Lots of personality and very active for the most part. As long as you feed them before doing anything in the tank they won't be interested in your hand and will probably just go find a place to sleep. I would get some sand eels and cut them so he can eat them and feed him that as well as some very small raw shrimp as well. Sand eels are pretty skinny so he should be able to handle that.

·
Crawfish
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jenna I have been looking for a lion for awhile thought about a fumanchu but what I have read is they are hard to feed. Looked for a fuzzy but the ones I have seen have either been too big or the coloring was not that good. This guy is awesome has a little bit of reddish brown and yellow. Thanks for the advice.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Keep in mind color can change as they grow. Not too much. Environment also play a huge factor in their color as stress tend to make them fade or even the lighting. The fish may look completely different once you get it home. Or it could look exactly the same. Good luck and I think you will be happy.

·
Crawfish
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you and I will post some picts tomorrow when I bring him home. I cannot wait.:blob:

·
Crawfish
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok here he is. This is the best shot I could get for now hopefully later I will be able to get a better one.
resize may 21 2007.jpg

·
Crawfish
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The really cool thing about this little guy is he was free. I took in 5 Kenya frags and got him and some store credit. :thumbup:

·
Crawfish
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Again thank you to all. Well just came home from work and fed my little friends and the little guy ate. That is a good sign. Now I am just sitting and watching drinking a beer. Life is great.
Ok not to change the subject but you guys have to here this. So tonight I am at work and my fiancé calls me and tells me she has some really bad news. She says the church that we are getting married in 2 months from today is on fire. Yes on fire. She is crying and all he__ is breaking loose. What do you tell your soon to be bride. I said well lets see in a couple of days how bad it is and if we need to find a new place. This place meant a lot to her because this is were her parents got married. So we will see.

·
Crawfish
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree, I could not believe the price on that fish. How long did you have your fuzzy and how big did he end up.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
i like them too but i cant keep them due to my tanks sizes and what i keep ( i dont think i could bare to have my clown pairs eatin)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Again thank you to all. Well just came home from work and fed my little friends and the little guy ate. That is a good sign. Now I am just sitting and watching drinking a beer. Life is great.
Ok not to change the subject but you guys have to here this. So tonight I am at work and my fiancé calls me and tells me she has some really bad news. She says the church that we are getting married in 2 months from today is on fire. Yes on fire. She is crying and all he__ is breaking loose. What do you tell your soon to be bride. I said well lets see in a couple of days how bad it is and if we need to find a new place. This place meant a lot to her because this is were her parents got married. So we will see.
just tell her "well on a positive note the lionfish is eating...."

1 - 20 of 45 Posts