The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post some pics of some new stuff I got for some of my frogspawn I traded. I got quite a few things so there are quite a few pics.
Azpharmd1 - I still have some frogspawn to trade but I dont think I will out your way anytime in the near future. Let me know if you are ever going to be out this way.
These 2 pics are of what Scott gave me:

More photos:
Green Monti

Pom Pom Xenia

Hairy Mushroom

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics:
Some shrooms

Some kind of polyp I believe, any idea what kind?

Some zoas maybe with I think green stars to the left, need some help with id again

better pic of green stars

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Looks good, but those mushrooms by the orange cap will sting and kill the cap. You should move either the mushrooms or the cap--take it from me, mushrooms can be more of a plague than aiptasia.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, I will do that, thanks. I got mushrooms everywhere. I am still trying to get rid of some of the aiptasia I saw in there and its been a pain in the butt. Can I just slice the shrooms off with a razor?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The only somewhat reliable way I've found to get rid of mushrooms is to bust the rock underneath them--cutting them only helps them spread (although it may buy you some time). Any tank I set up in the future will be a mushroom-free-zone.

·
Student of the Reef
1,003 Posts
Looks like you have some very nice corals there. Its nice to be able to get rid of something you have growing like crazy and get other corals for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts