The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D :banana: :D :banana: :D

In case you haven't figured, I got a new fishy... nothing spectacular, "just" a bi-color blenny, but he's so cute and I'm so happy!

I brought my kribs and pleco in to the lfs and then I got my lfs friend Adam to help me choose a new addition. I wanted a long horn cowfish, those are so cool, but I have done no research and he thought a 38g may be a little small as it got bigger. They had these other blennies, they were pinkish red with white dots all over but Adam was afraid that one would eat too many pods, so we decided on this cute little bugger. I looked at this fish before Adam was able to help me and the little guy was wiggling in front of the glass at me. Later when we came back to that tank I couldn't find him and Adam said that he was perched on a plant. Well I put my fingertip onto the glass and this fish shot out straight for my finger and started dancing again! Adam laughed and said "I think he likes you!". It was a $24 fish, I got him for $18. These pics aren't great since they're through the glass and the bag, but he may disappear for a few days so I wanted at least some kind of pic! Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
Good lookin kid. glad to hear he likes you... I can hear my fish plotting against me when i'm home :bawling: you may want to cover your tank for a bit until you're sure he isn't a jumper.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! Darn it, I just released him and now I have to leave... sure hope he settles in ok.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Cute Fish!! Great pictures too!! :thumbup:

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone! Here are some out-of-the-bag shots. He seems quite happy, tho a little confused! He was out swimming right away, and he already found a hidey-hole! I knew someone would move into that cavity in the rock, and it seems just perfect for him. He was swimming down the edge of the rock, found this spot and backed right in! He's still peeking out and is so cute with those blue cheeks! I'm happy. :)

Attachments

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm... that first pic, without text, may just end up submitted to the calendar... whatcha think?

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ooh, so sorry to hear that. No power heads in this tank due to the seahorses. Ok, you know how I get, here's one more of him peeking out, I should have gotten this fish months ago!

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
I love bi-color blennies... I had one with a flame hawk who were the longest lived residents in my old 40Gal reef tank.. they both lived 3 years! I plan on getting one for my new tank.. as soon as I can.. :) I tell ya, visiting this site every day is not helping me be more patient while my tank cycles. lol

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I agree, the pic with the wording on it is wayyyyyyyyy good! Super shot!
He's a real pretty fish. Sounds like he has character too. I'm looking forward to hear about his adventures.
Great buy!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts