The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new fish pics!! better than fish sticks.. ;) doh.. sorry. The LFS closest to my house, which is a "pet store" actually has a half-way decent salt section.. I saw a couple of fish I wanted last week, but I just eye-balled them.. then thought "wait one more week, if they're still here then ok".. that kinda thing. Well, good fortune was with me.. but it took the fish clerk like 20 mins to get the tang out of the rock it was hiding in.. he saif three other people wanted the tang but he couldn't get it out of the rock. lol. I had given up, so with wrasse in hand I was about to drive off when he ran out and caught me right as I was pulling out of my parking spot shouting "I got the tang!!" lol. So, I got them both..

I got the star polyps last week with a LR order.. I did some new aquascaping also.. I think this is a pretty good LR "wall" with cool shelfs and nooks for corals..and fish. :) next I am going to get some zoos and rics. Anyways, the fish both ate some prime reef and are swiming around like they own the place.. well, they do kinda.. but the peppermint shrimp were VERY curious and came out to see the new fish.. one even jumped on the tang! heh..

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
She's a beauty (the tang)! I love wrasses... they have a great personality. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all :)

hehe.. yeah, the tang has been playing in the current a lot! . . .and checking the tank out in general.. I think he/she's happy. The six line wrasse is so tiny! but it's eating really well.. it's belly is sooo full.. it cracks me up.. it's been macking down on the copepods in my LR.. I am kind of glad I got a small six liner so maybe it won't be as agressive towards new comers in the tank. hrm. Well, perhaps.. I know the bigger one I had before could be pretty territorial. Anyways, these two seem very healthy and happy. yay.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I really like the purples in this photograph. I also like the multi tiered idea at the top that is discontinued but blended...is that sea grass in the top corner? what kind? were can I get some?

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Congrats!!! I agree, great aquascaping in that tank... aren't new critters great? I got a few new goodies today from a fellow reef club member, and I can't wait to show them off!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bubbashrimp said:
I really like the purples in this photograph. I also like the multi tiered idea at the top that is discontinued but blended...is that sea grass in the top corner? what kind? were can I get some?
I think it's caulerpa.. it was on a piece of LR I got...

Thanks all for the compliments on the LR structure.. it took me a while to get it "just so". The fish seem to be enjoying it, so I would say mission accomplished. ;)

Now it's time to dress it up with frags! like a decorating a christmas tree. wewt!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Loverotties said:
That's some brite Mh!
It came out looking that way in the shots.. I should have used a faster shutter speed. It's only a 150W HQI-MH.. I am thinking about getting a fixture with two of those and T5 actinics.. anyways.. this seems to be doing the trick for now.. maybe when I get more uber-light dep critters. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts