The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are very excited to announce the launch of TRT's Product Directory!:blob:

Our goal with this new feature is to build the ultimate environment for reef aquarists to make informed buying decisions about anything related to their reef tank. That is, make it easy to:

• Find a product,
  • Become acquainted with the alternatives offered by different vendors,
  • Read product reviews, product specs, etc,
  • Quickly tap to threads discussing the product at TRT and elsewhere on the web,
  • Find the lowest price in over 150 stores with one click!
We soft-launched it a few weeks ago for Moderators-only and the feedback was great! We still consider this a Beta version so you may find bugs and inaccuracies - we look forward to your feedback!

This is only the beginning... we plan on adding many more products and many new features!

Enough said... to access it click here or click on the Price Comparison tab in the top menue (just below and to the right of the TRT Logo).

We look forward to hearing what you think... you can do so on this thread, or you can access the Feedback System and suggest enhancements or vote for some of those we've listed and help us decide what we should do next.

Hope you like it!!

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jeremy and Chris.

It's only the begining... many things need still to be ironed-out but we agree that over time it should make product research and shopping a lot easier... and yes, we would like to see it evolve into the ultimate market-place for reef tank related stuff.

If others have feedback or ideas on how we could make it better - we will be very happy to hear those.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I love the idea, and you guys did a great job!

The only thing I cam across was that there were lots of already sold eBay items listed.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Do I need a third-party account to use the feedback forum, when I go into it I get a message saying Welcome! You're currently anonymous and need to signup so we inform you when your ideas are updated. Or did you forget to login? <o></o>

So I try to login again but it does nothing.<o>:help:</o>
PS> <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HAMMER%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h2 {margin-right:0in; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; mso-outline-level:2; font-size:18.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>The price comparison is a great idea
<o></o>

·
Registered
763 Posts
n-i-c-e

I like it. :blob:

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Great idea! Yawl are always doing something behind the scenes. Keep up the good work.

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
We look forward to hearing what you think... you can do so on this thread, or you can access the Feedback System and suggest enhancements or vote for some of those we've listed and help us decide what we should do next.

Steps to get where I was:

In the Filter Media section, clicked on Bioballs.
Next page I clicked on the link of the first item listed.
Next page I clicked on the Member Reviews Tab.
Then clicked on Add New Review button.

It won't let me edit the Email Address field but it pre-fills the field with a script block that tries to generate my email address. Maybe thats the way it should be so that it gets auto-generated when the review is made, but, I don't know what address it thinks it has. With it marked as a required field, it should either show the value or if its generated, hide it.

In the feedback area, this page:
http://feedback.thereeftank.com/pages/general/suggestions/81841-calcium-reactors-begin-coverage

The "login to leave a comment" link simply links to the top of the page.
But, the login in link over on the right that are "login" or "signup" the login link there takes me to a UserVoice account page. Do we have to setup another account somewhere else to be able to sign in to leave comments on TRT? The concept of putting my email address and email password for my email account into a page on TRT just isn't a good idea from a security standpoint.

Thats enough vent for now. I tried to vote for Calcium Reactors and it wouldn't let me.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for everybody's feedback. We've spent quite a bit of time on this over the last few months so it is great to hear you like it and find it helpful! :thumbup:

OneDummHikk: Thanks for reporting the bug on the reviews - we'll fix that soon.

Many of you (harman, cerobbins and OneDummHikk) have reported problems with the feedback system we set up.... We'll deactivate it soon and I've published a poll here instead.

Please take a moment to vote for what we should add next to the TRT Directory. It helps us invest our energy where it will be most valuable to you.

Kakalakasha: Thanks for bringing to our attention the expired eBay items... in the next few weeks we'll code an improvement that will filter those out.

More feedback will be greatly appreciated!

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
Looking better and better, this is going to be an awesome feature as it matures. I'm going to have to go play around with it later on.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking better and better, this is going to be an awesome feature as it matures.
Thanks!

Also, OneDummHikk: The bug preventing you to enter a product review has been fixed. Thanks again for reporting it.

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
Thanks Alan. Any timeframe on the login issue? And, for now, is it just going to be one item at a time that we can request or is there a possibility of requesting more than one item? With a poll, I can only vote for one item ven though I may want to see more than one item added.

And, in going back to look at the pages, I found another one :( If you click the link I posted above:
http://feedback.thereeftank.com/page...begin-coverage

At the top of that page, there is a "go back to thereeftank.com" link but it links to feedback.thereeftank.com instead of www.thereeftank.com.

Its looking good and keep up the awesome support work.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Alan. Any timeframe on the login issue? And, for now, is it just going to be one item at a time that we can request or is there a possibility of requesting more than one item? With a poll, I can only vote for one item ven though I may want to see more than one item added.

And, in going back to look at the pages, I found another one :( If you click the link I posted above:
http://feedback.thereeftank.com/page...begin-coverage

At the top of that page, there is a "go back to thereeftank.com" link but it links to feedback.thereeftank.com instead of www.thereeftank.com.

Its looking good and keep up the awesome support work.
Sorry for the late reply...

I posted a few days back that based on your feedback and that of others, we dumped the feedback.thereeftank.com and launched a POLL at TRT where you can vote for multiple things you'd like to see us add to the TRT Directory. Hope that helps!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts