The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all! Well my new 125g tank has fully cycled :funny:and I bought myself a beautiful new Emperor Angelfish :thumbup: I noticed at the L.F.S where I got him, he swam sideways from time to time. I asked an employee (whom I trust; a friend) and he believed it had to do with the pressure change from ocean to their tanks. The fish is currently eating flakes & brine shrimp. He seems to be healthy, just wasn't sure if anyone has experienced something similar. Water tests come back all clean. Only thing that was a little high was Alkalinity. I've read this is common in a newly established tank?
Hope to hear from you soon.
-Dale

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,667 Posts
Great fish,guess it's a FO tank!Keep an I on him because of ick(they get it easy,specialy because of your newly establish tank).Feed him food with garlic and vitamins.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feeding him some pellets with garlic, mysis shrimp, and brine shrimp flakes. Is the alkalinity anything to worry about for a new tank? No inverts or coral, just fish thus far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have heard mixed reviews about keeping emperors in reef tanks. I have been hearing and reading that maybe you can keep it with SPS and maybe its even good for the SPS to not have polyps fully extended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts