The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is, my new Echotech Marine Vortech pump. Very kool and it has a strong flow to it. Counter balanced by my two 820 Seio pumps. Will post some more shots tomorrow. My tank is doing very good and should be ready for the August meeting.

Patrick

Attachments

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Keri tried describing your tank to me after he had stopped by the last time. He didn't do it justice! WOOOOOWWWWW!

:bigeek:

Hope I make it to that meeting to see it in person. Beautiful!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I agree with Louise......Words can not describe how beautiful Pat's tank really is. Even these pics don't show all the beauty the way it looks in person.

I look forward to the meeting at your place Pat and keep up the good work.

Keri

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys for the complements. John the eel is doing good he was out last night. I will try to take a picture of him.
PelagicMagic, I am using DE 250HQIs three bulbs and three 72" 160w URI atinics. They are about 7" from the surface. I had them at 6" and moved them higher for more area coverage. I may add a forth atinic soon. I am working on keeping the water quality up, last time I checked the alkalinity was 11 and the calcium was >430. I want to see some growth by the time I have the August meeting. My Maroon Clowns have just laid the third egg nest this season and I found the Purple Fridmanis are nesting with eggs as well. A very exciting time here at the Harm Reef.

Patrick

·
Registered
332 Posts
Pat, tank is looking awesome.
I hope I can make the August meeting to check it out.
Is that Monti-cap purple?

My tomato clowns starting laying eggs a month or so ago.
It's nice to see that they're that happy...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the compliment and all the others that have said nice comments about my tank. By the way my Monti-cap is purple and has nice purple polyps. It is Kool to see that there are fish breeding in ones tank. It is a sign that we must be doing something right. Just don't know what it is. Hope to see you at the August meeting which as you know is at my home.

Patrick

·
NFMAS
3,516 Posts
I am happy I waited before buying one. I am going to wait a little longer so they can work all the bugs out. I am going to have to take another look at tunze. I am sure that you are pretty upset due to spending $300 on something that you can not use.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Pat, we ordered the new wireless controllers yesterday...

Teach has all the details, but there's a thread on RC.

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
OK I try to stay out of the club forums, but that is a nice, full tank:D Well done:bln-wow:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the compliments. I will need to post updated shots. Don, I will need to check out the new controllers. By the way what are you using to clean your Pump. I need to clean the impeller and the pad. I am concerned as to what is safe for the pad. See you Saturday at the meeting.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Pat, as I recall we just soaked them in vinegar (pad and all). You can always call Dave at Icecap (super nice and always helpful).

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Pat / Duud, just got the new controllers... Too early to say what mode we will use, but seems to be a nice improvement.

I really like the pulse mode, but the "slower" full ramp setting only stays on for about 3-5 seconds. Maybe this is best (only time will tell)...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Wow, can't believe I missed this post ... and even more so, missing the meeting at Pat's house last August.

Looks like a slice of the ocean taken from near the Garden of Eden!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Dacro,

I will not be able to go to the meeting at your home next week so I will miss seeing the new controllers. I will try to stop over some time during the week. I need to get a second Vortech and controller with battery back up. Just a few of the upgrades I have in mind.

Patrick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts